Location of sheikhpura district in Bihar
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Jamui and Nawada|
|• Vidhan Sabha constituencies||Barbigha and Sheikhpura|
|• Total||689 km2 (266 sq mi)|
|• Density||920/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||65.96 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||926|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
|Major highways||NH 82|
Sheikhpura district is one of the thirty eight districts of Bihar state, India, and Sheikhpura town is the administrative headquarter of this district. Sheikhpura district is a part of Munger Division. Sheikhpura was separated from Munger District and was made a separate district with headquarter at Sheikhpura on 31 July 1994. As of 2011 it is the least populous district of Bihar (out of 38).
Sheikhpura district occupies an area of 689 square kilometres (266 sq mi), comparatively equivalent to the Solomon Islands' Kolombangara. S.K.R college barbigha stadium is the most prominent place for district players.
Village & Panchayat
Villages: Total – 310 Inhabitated – 258 Uninhabited– 52 Gram Panchayat: 54<https://sheikhpura.nic.in/village-panchayat/></https://sheikhpura.nic.in/village-panchayat/>
Among these, Sohadi is well-known villages in Sheikhpura. This village is connected by all-season road network and situated at a distance of 12 kms. It is situated on the bank of Kaurihari river.This village has a middle school, a school, a health-care center, a temple and a water-fall. The Water-fall is well-known in the locality. The high school of the village named "Adarsh High School, Sohadi" was established by Late Shree Sukhdev Prasad, a social worker, philanthropist, retired govt. servant and landlord is among well-run school in rural areas of the district.A number of politicians, bureaucrats, educationists, technocrats, lawyers belong to this village. The nearest bazaar is Mahuli, which is adjacent to the village.
Shekhpura is one of the smallest district of Bihar having just six blocks and people are dependent on agriculture. Some Mining of smaller hillocks with crushers is one of the main activities for employment. In 2006 Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Sheikhpura one of the country's 250 Poverty in India (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 36 districts in Bihar currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
Health and medicine
Sheikhpura is the centre of health care for all villages and blocks. Sadar Hospital first medical Hospital by government was established in Dallu Chowk. SLR अस्पताल भी एक अन्य विकल्प है। लेकिन SLR एक निजी अस्पताल है। जो inday (DAV के पास) के पास स्थित है|
Legislative Assembly Constituencies
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Sheikhpura P.S.
- Sirari O.P.
- Ariyari P.S. Situated in Diha
- Kasar O.P.
- Mahuli O.P.
- Kusumbha O.P.
- Chewara P.S.
- Karande O.P.
- Korma P.S.
- Mehus P.S.
- Barbigha P.S.
- Shekhopur Sarai P.S.
- Jayrampur O.P.
The town is connected by road to major hubs in the region with frequent bus service.
Sheikhpura is located on the broad gauge line Gaya-Kiul line connecting Kiul and Gaya. The town is served by a direct daily train to Kolkata, and a weekly service to Guwahati via Bhagalpur. The state capital Patna could be reached through a stop-over at Kiul from where rest of India is well connected.
Very recently the Fatuha-Islampur and Bakhtiyarpur-Rajgir branch lines have been connected with this route. Extension of passenger services to inter-link Sheikhpura with Hilsa, Bihar|Hilsa and Bihar Sharif is expected very soon.
Sheikhpura has a well developed transport system inside city on very cheap rate. Tum-Tum is generally Driven by Horse, and used to travel in all part of city as a local transport. Tum-Tum are now old memory of sheikhpura auto has been started in the city since 2 years.
According to the 2011 census Sheikhpura district has a population of 636,342, roughly equal to the nation of Montenegro or the US state of Vermont. This gives it a ranking of 516th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 922 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,390/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 20.82%. Sheikhpura has a sex ratio of 926 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 65.96%.
Schools in Sheikhpura District
- Middle School, Sohadi
- Adarsh High School, Sohadi (established by Late Shree Sukhdev Prasad, a social worker, philanthropist, retired govt. servant and landlord having origin to Sohdi village)
- Divine Light Public School, Barbigha, Established on 1998
- Saint marry public school
- D.M. High school, 10+2
Established on 1932.
- D.A.V. PUBLIC SCHOOL (2014)
- Delhi PUBLIC SCHOOL (2014)
- Murlidhar Murarka Girls High School.
- Islamia High School.
- Sanskar Public School.
- Raj rajeshwar +2 High School Barbigha (known as mission school) established in 1943.
- S.A.D.N. Convent School.
- The Doon Academy.
- HIGH SCHOOL AIJHI KATARI.
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
- HIGH SCHOOL AIFNI.
- High school Mehus.
- Janta High School Sirari.
- high school nimi.
- Rajo Sigh High School Ambari.
- Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya, Gagari.
- Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya, Shekhopur Sarai.
- High School Bhadus Pachna.
- R.N.Jha High School, Barama.
- Rajkiya Madhya Vidyalay Biman.
- Uccha Vidyalay Lohan.
- Adrash high school pharpar diha, pharpar.
- Sri Bijojanki High School.
- Utkarmaniya High school Hussainabad, Sheikhpura.
- Akhara(Established in the year 1948 just one year after freedom of India)
& Ideal Middle School Of Charuanwa will be a next High School of this District. Adarsh High School, Sohadi is very famous in Rural schools of Sheikhpura. This school also awaiting for government approval. Adarsha High school Sohadi is very popular around 5 punchayat like Chordh dargah, Sohadi, Gohada, Marina And Aphardih. Excluding this High School at Sohadi rest all school are used for only form fill-up for board examination.Thus,state of education is not up to the mark in the district schools.Some major revolution is required. Colleges in Sheikhpura District
Most reputed college is Ramadhin college, Girihinda, Sheikhpura. Others are
- Sri Krishna Ramruchi College Barbigha (Better known as SKR college)
- Chandrshekhar Banke Nasib College, Hathiama.
- Sanjay Gandhi Smarak Women's College Sheikhpura.
- Sundar Singh College,Mehus.
- Nimi College, Shekhopur Sarai.
- MADRASA JAMIA HABIBIA, JAMUARA
- MADRASATUL BANAT AZIZUL ULOOM, JAMUARA
- Rajo singh college Othama
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Archived from the original on 11 June 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- Srivastava, Dayawanti et al. (ed.) (2010). "States and Union Territories: Bihar: Government". India 2010: A Reference Annual (54th ed.). New Delhi, India: Additional Director General, Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India), Government of India. pp. 1118–1119. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "Island Directory Tables: Islands by Land Area". United Nations Environment Program. 18 February 1998. Archived from the original on 1 December 2015. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (8 September 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 April 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Decadal Variation In Population Since 1901
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Archived from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
Montenegro 661,807 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 19 October 2013. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 August 2018. Retrieved 26 April 2019.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- 2011 Census of India, Population By Mother Tongue