सुपौल जिलाسوپول ضلع
|District of Bihar|
Location of Supaul district in Bihar
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Supaul|
|• Assembly seats||Nirmali (Vidhan Sabha constituency), Pipra, Supaul, Triveniganj, Chhatapur|
|• Total||2,410 km2 (930 sq mi)|
|• Density||920/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||72.86 per cent|
|• Sex ratio||925|
|Major highways||NH 57, NH 106, NH 107|
Supaul district (Hindi: सुपौल जिला) is one of the thirty-eight districts of Bihar state, India, and Supaul town is the administrative headquarters of this district. This district occupies an area of 2,410 km2 (931 sq mi). The district was carved out from the erstwhile Saharsa district on 14 March 1991.
Supaul district is a part of Kosi division.
Jawahar Navoday Vidyalaya, Pathra (Supaul) is situated 4 km east of District Headquarter. This school is top in the district in producing brilliant and young minds serving in different parts of India contributing towards the advancement of the nation. Some of the alumni from here are working as IAS, IPS and many more are doctors,engineers, CA etc. from the reputed institutions.
Apart from Jawahar Navoday Vidyalaya, Supaul has Rashtriya Sarwjanik Mela Public School, in short RSM Public School which is affiliated to CBSE. RSM Public School has english as the mode of instruction. Started in 1994, the school is now one of the leading school of the region.
Supaul district comprises the following Sub-Divisions:
- Triveniganj and
Supaul sub-division consists of four blocks, namely, Supaul, Kishanpur, Saraigadh-Bhaptiyahi and Pipra. Birpur sub-division is further divided into three blocks, namely, Basantpur, Raghopur and Pratapganj. Triveniganj sub-division has two blocks, namely, Triveniganj and Chhatapur. Nirmali sub-division comprises two blocks, namely, Nirmali and Maruna.
Agriculture is the major occupation of this district and paddy is the main crop.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Supaul as one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 36 districts in Bihar currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF). From Dec 2012, Bivha International Child Fund is funding for education in Supaul (koshi division),. Several program are funded for education, agriculture from Bivha International School, Bivha Rural Development fund, national banks, NABARD, & World Bank.A dairy farm, which produce approx 1,00,000 liter milk per day, has been also established by Bivha Corporation in simrahi Bazar (Supaul). There is also an egg farm, which produces approx 20,000 eggs per day, It is established by M/S Koshi egg layer farm in parsauni village (Supaul).ref name="Times of India" . Pamal foundation started operation from its base center located at -Bivha Business Center ,Simrahi.
According to the 2011 census Supaul district has a population of 2,228,397, roughly equal to the nation of Latvia or the US state of New Mexico. This gives it a ranking of 204th in India (out of a total of 640) districts. The district has a population density of 919 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,380/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 28.62%. Supaul has a sex ratio of 925 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 59.65%.
URBAN AND RURAL SUPAUL
Supaul District Urban Population 2011 Out of the total Supaul population for 2011 census, 4.74 percent lives in urban regions of district. In total 105,558 people lives in urban areas of which males are 55,788 and females are 49,770. Sex Ratio in urban region of Supaul district is 892 as per 2011 census data. Similarly child sex ratio in Supaul district was 932 in 2011 census. Child population (0-6) in urban region was 17,654 of which males and females were 9,140 and 8,514. This child population figure of Supaul district is 16.38% of total urban population. Average literacy rate in Supaul district as per census 2011 is 72.74 % of which males and females are 80.78 % and 63.64 % literates respectively. In actual number 63,939 people are literate in urban region of which males and females are 37,684 and 26,255 respectively.
Supaul District Rural Population 2011 As per 2011 census, 95.26% population of Supaul districts lives in rural areas of villages. The total Supaul district population living in rural areas is 2,123,518 of which males and females are 1,099,495 and 1,024,023 respectively. In rural areas of Supaul district, sex ratio is 931 females per 1000 males. If child sex ratio data of Supaul district is considered, figure is 945 girls per 1000 boys. Child population in the age 0-6 is 419,703 in rural areas of which males were 215,813 and females were 203,890. The child population comprises 19.63% of total rural population of Supaul district. Literacy rate in rural areas of Supaul district is 56.89% as per census data 2011. Gender wise, male and female literacy stood at 69.03 and 43.82 percent respectively. In total, 969,344 people were literate of which males and females were 609,988 and 359,356 respectively. All details regarding Supaul District have been processed by us after receiving from Govt. of India. We are not responsible for errors to population census details of Supaul District. <http://www.census2011.co.in/census/district/60-supaul.html></http://www.census2011.co.in/census/district/60-supaul.html >
The well-known historical and religious place, namely, Durga Sthan, lies in Supaul district and it is only 10 km (6 mi) away from the district headquarters.
- Rajbiraj (10 km towards north in Nepal, historic city which houses the famous 8th Century Rajdevi Temple and close to Cninnmasta shakti Peeth) also has lot of display of the regions culture in case someone wants to visit. Its just off the Kunauli border.
- Srivastava, Dayawanti et al. (ed.) (2010). "States and Union Territories: Bihar: Government". India 2010: A Reference Annual (54th ed.). New Delhi, India: Additional Director General, Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India), Government of India. pp. 1118–1119. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7.
- "Island Directory Tables: Islands by Land Area". United Nations Environment Program. 1998-02-18. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
Anvers Island 2,432km2
- "RSM Public School - Supaul". Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- Sen, Geeta; Rojgar Media Publication House, Rojgar Media Publication House (2016). Ahuja, Ashok, ed. "Skilling & Employement - Pamal Foundation start funding for skilling in supaul". News (1) (Bihar ed.). Patna: Rojgar Media Publication House. Rojgarmedia.Pamal Foundation start funding for skilling in supaul
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Latvia 2,204,708 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
New Mexico - 2,059,179
|Madhubani district||Araria district|
|Saharsa district||Madhepura district|