This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Bihar Police Department|
|Motto||उत्कृष्टता की यात्रा|
A Voyage of Excellence
|Annual budget||₹9,286 crore (US$1.3 billion) (2019-20 est.) |
|Operations jurisdiction||Bihar, IN|
|Map of Bihar State Police jurisdiction.|
|Governing body||Bihar Government|
|Headquarters||Sardar Patel Bhavan,Bailey Road, Patna|
|Elected officer responsible|
|Patrol cars||Maruti Gypsy|
Bihar Police comes under direct control of Department of Home Affairs, Government of Bihar. The Bihar Police is headed by a Director General of Police (DGP;). The state is divided into 12 ranges . Each range commanded by an Additional Director General ( ADGP; IPS officer) or an Inspector-General (IG; IPS) or a Deputy Inspector-General (DIG; Some Time promoted from State pcs qualifier and generally Central officer IPS upsc qualifier control this Post). Within each range are anywhere from three to six districts, each under a Superintendent of Police. Patna is under a Senior Superintendent of Police.
- Director General of Police (DGP)
- Additional Director General of Police (ADGP)
- Inspector General of Police (IG)
- Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG)
- Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP)
- Superintendent of Police (SP)
- Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP)
- Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) or Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP)
- Inspector of Police
- Sub-Inspector of Police
- Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police
- Head Constable
- Senior Constable
An initiative in Community Policing for safety of Women. The CID Branch of Bihar Police under the Leadership of Alok Raj (IPS) ADG in association with Mr. Roushan Kumar and Dr. Suman Lal founders Ladli Foundation came up with the concept of having Women Community Police to provide a safe and secure atmosphere to the inhabitants. Also to make women become familiar with Police and deeply understand the police system to invoke their taboo to interact with police station/ policemen. For this initiative, volunteer from girls studying in different colleges of Patna were identified and trained. Each of these girls were provided with ID Cards authorised by Bihar Police and are called Ladli Cops.
- Wooden Baton
- Pistol Auto 9mm 1A 
- 9mm SAF Carbine 1A1 
- 7.62 mm Ishapore 2A1 Rifle
- RFI L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle 
- AK 47/ AKM 
- INSAS Rifle 
- Heckler and Koch MP5 (CM Security) 
- "Bihar Budget Analysis 2019-20" (PDF). prsindia.org. 2019.
- "BIHAR POLICE". biharpolice.bih.nic.in.
- "An initiative in community policing" (PDF). biharpolice.bih.nic.in. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- "Pistol Auto 9mm 1A".
- "OFB Submachine Carbine".
- "OFB Rifle 1A1".
- "OFB Assault Rifle 7.62mm".
- "OFB INSAS".
- "PSO carrying MP5". Archived from the original on 23 June 2015.