Chanchal I (community development block)
চাঁচল I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||162.08 km2 (62.58 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,800/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Maldaha Uttar|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Chanchal|
Chanchal I (community development block) is an administrative division in Chanchal subdivision of Malda district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Kharba police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Chanchal.
Chanchal is located at.
As per 2001 census, Chanchal I block has a total population of 174,177 out of which 89,220 were males and 84,957 were females. Chanchal I block registered a population growth of 21.56 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Malda district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Chanchal I at a Glance". Maldah District. District administration. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "GPwise Population of Malda district". Malda district. Malda district administration. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "Census of India 2001, Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal, Table - 4". Maldah District (06). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.