Chakdaha residential area
|Elevation||11 m (36 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Ranaghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Chakdaha|
In 1885 it is a village with population of 5000 people. In 1886 it was declared as municipality on May Day by British Architectural Engineer - John Beglar.
- Kazi Mirza Itteshamuddin
- Gangesa Upadhyaya
- Bhuia King – Pratapaditya
- Murshid Quli Khan
- British East India Company
In the 2011 census, Chakdaha Urban Agglomeration had a population of 132,855, out of which 67,135 65 were males and 65,720 were females. The 0–6 years population was 9,829. Effective literacy rate for the 7+ population was 90.95 per cent.
As of the 2001 India census, Chakdaha had a population of 86,965. Males constituted 51% of the population and females 49%. Chakdaha had an average literacy rate of 79%, higher than the national average of 59.5%. 9% of the population was under 6 years of age.
A student from Chakdaha College Mr. Sudipta Saha scored first class first in graduation examination of kalyani University. A student from chakdaha Mr. Biswajit Bhowmick scored 100 on 100 in Programming Language "C" in Semester of WBSCTE from Elite Polytechnic Institute.
- "District Wise List of Statutory Towns". Census of India 2001, Urban Frame. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-10-06.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Chakdaha
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above". Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-21.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
Block : Chakdaha Sub Division : Kalyani