|• Chairman||Mr. Suresh Agarwal|
|Elevation||293 m (961 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||+91 3254|
|Vehicle registration||WB 56|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Purulia|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Baghmundi, Joypur|
Jhalda is located at  It has an average elevation of 293 m (961 ft)..
Jhalda has been declared as a Sub-Division in the year 2009 by the Chief Minister of W.B, Mr. Buddhadeb Bhattacharya. Jhalda has got two Blocks, Jhalda - I Development Block and Jhalda - II Development Block. Jhalda - I Development Block is situated at Mosina, Near Jhalda and Jhalda II Development Block is situated at Kotshila.
As of 2010[update] India census, Jhalda had a population of 27,872. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Jhalda has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 53%. In Jhalda, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
There are schools like Satyabhama, Girl's High School, Hindi High School and Jhlada High School.
It is a small town surrounded by small hillocks. The main hills of the area are Shikra, Bansa, Kopla, Silphor, etc. The places of interest of the area are Norahara, Murguma, Kanrior, etc. Jhalda is adjacent to the state of Jharkhand (9 km from Muri (Jharkhand)). Jhalda Station is the railway station in the region. The village of Kotogara is on the other side of the mountains at Jhalda. Kotogara village is in Jharkhand
It is on the Gomoh-Muri line.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Jhalda
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Images of Jhalda Captured By Binay Rungta, Jhalda
- Images of some of the Birds found in and around Jhalda Captured By Binay Rungta, Jhalda
- Jhalda Images on TrekEarth
- Jhalda on Google Maps
- Jhalda on Wikimapia Maps
- Travel Article on Murguma & Kairabera by Rangan Datta
- Rangan Datta's Home Page