Islampur, Uttar Dinajpur
|Elevation||53 m (174 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English، Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Raiganj|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Islampur, Chopra|
For the town in Bihar see: Islampur (Nalanda)
Islampur is located at. It has an average elevation of 53 m (174 ft). It has fine climate with fine weather to live in all the seasons. The minimum temperature is 12 degree and the maximum temperature is 38 degree Celsius.
Islampur is served by Aluabari Road station of Borsoi-Kishanganj-Siliguri railway line. Earlier it had both metre gauge railway line via Thakurganj and Bagdogra and a shorter distance broad gauge railway line with a different route. Now both the railway tracks are broad gauge.
As of 2001[update] India census, Islampur had a population of 52,766. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Islampur has an average literacy rate of 63%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 68%, and female literacy is 57%. In Islampur, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Schools of Islampur:
- Madarsa Anwar e Mustafa, Bulhanja
- Madrasa Jauharul Uloom Gunjaria,
- Islampur High School(H.S)
- Islampur Bright Coaching Centre
- Islampur Girls High School
- Kshudiram Pally Sukanta Smriti Bidyapith (H.S.)
- Milanpally high school
- State Farm colony high school(S.F.C)
- The Scholar English Medium High School
- Green Valley Academy English Medium School
- Pachhu Rasia high school
- Evergreen Public School(Kanki)
- Choprajhar Girls' High School
- Chopra Girls High School
- Delhi Public School
Islampur High School, Islampur Girls High School and Kshudiram Pally Sukanta Smriti Bidyapith (H.S.) are among the assets of Islampur town. One of the famous schools in northern Bengal, the Scholar is on the outskirts of the town. The school was established in 2000 and is affiliated to I.C.S.E. Evergreen Public School, which started back in 2002 follows CBSE pattern, is now a prominent Educational Institute in the locality. Islampur College is the premier college of Islampur. Ramganj high school is one of old school and Ramganjshayama prashad girls high school is also with its pride. A good looking place with full of scenery. The second D.ED (primary teachers training college) govt training school of the district is also available here. A madrasa with boarding faceelity is running on successively near the Teesta canal, A big market for all rural and urban aspects.
- "Uttar Dinajpur Rail Network Map". Maps of India. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.