Mahishadal (community development block)
মহিষাদল সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||135.20 km2 (52.20 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,500/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Tamluk|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Mahisadal|
Mahishadal (community development block) is an administrative division in Haldia subdivision of Purba Medinipur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Mahisadal and Nandakumar police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is at Rangibasan.
Mahishadal is located at.
Gram panchayats of Mahishadal block/ panchayat samiti are: Amritberia, Betkundu, Garhkamalpur, Itamogra I, Itamogra II, Kismat-Naikundi, Lakshya I, Lakshya II, Natshal I, Natshal II and Satish Samanta.
As per 2001 census, Mahishadal block had a total population of 182,245, out of which 93,470 were males and 88,775 were females. Mahishadal block registered a population growth of 14.89 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the combined Midnapore district was 14.87 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Purba Medinipur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, (erstwhile) Medinipur District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- "Balance of 2nd Installment for 2010-11 under BRGF for Purba Medinipur". No. 12 -(Sanction) RD/CCA/BRGF/1C-12/07 Date: 12.4.2011. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 20-07-20. Check date values in:
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001, Medinipur district. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- "National Highways and their lengths". NHAI. Retrieved 2011-07-20.