Mathurapur I (community development block)
|— Community development block —|
|District||South 24 Parganas|
|Assembly constituency||Raidighi, Mandirbazar|
|• Total||57.26 sq mi (148.29 km2)|
|• Density||2,900/sq mi (1,110/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||65.41 per cent|
Mathurapur I (community development block) (Bengali: মথুরাপুর I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Diamond Harbour subdivision of South 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Mathurapur police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Mathurapur.
Mathurapur is located at.
Gram panchayats of Mathurapur I block/panchayat samiti are: Abad Bhagabanpur, Debipur, Krishnachndrapur, Lakshmi Narayanpur (N), Lakshmi Narayanpur (S), Lalpur, Mathurapur Paschim, Mathurapur Purba, Nalua and Sankarpur.
As per 2001 census, Mathurapur I block had a total population of 164,585, out of which 84,933 were males and 79,652 were females. Mathurapur I block registered a population growth of 16.00 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for South 24 Parganas district was 20.89 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Mathurapur I block had a total literacy of 65.41 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 77.38 per cent female literacy was 52.53 per cent. South 24 Parganas district had a total literacy of 69.45 per cent, male literacy being 79.19 per cent and female literacy being 59.01 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". South 24 Parganas district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, South Twentyfour Parganas District (18)". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Annexure A of 322 (Sanction)-RD/CCA/BRGF/IC-02/08; Date: 27.03.2009 – Statement of Release of Development Grant under BRGF. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, South Twentyfour Parganas District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.