|Founded||2001 (DVD Company) |
2010 (Governing Body)
World Wrestling Network (WWN) is an American professional wrestling organization and digital media streaming and video on demand service. WWN operates as a governing body for promotions (or "brands") including EVOLVE, Shine and Full Impact Pro.
In early 2010, Gabe Sapolsky co-founded Evolve Wrestling along with WWN COO Sal Hamaoui. Evolve started out with the idea of featuring the upcoming wrestlers that weren't in DGUSA. Since that time, Sapolsky has honed his booking style. August 2014 saw a relaunch of Evolve, which has established a unique identity with the top talent going today.
Evolve and Dragon Gate USA are both under the parent company of WWN. In 2011, WWN launched its own live iPPV streaming service, www.WWNLive.com. Sapolsky helped market and produce content for WWNLive.com.
2014 saw WWN hold its first "supershows" with a two-week tour of China. The first WWN Supershow in the United States also took place in 2014. The idea behind the WWN Supershow is to combine title matches and talent from all the WWN brands as well as special guest attractions.
Dragon Gate USA held its last event in 2014 and is currently defunct. Sapolsky is now the Vice President of Talent Relations, Creative and Marketing of WWN with his main concentration on Evolve and WWN Supershows. Sapolsky also helps market the other WWN brands, including Full Impact Pro and Shine, an all women's promotion.
In November 2014, Evolve, along with Dragon Gate USA (DGUSA), Full Impact Pro (FIP) and Shine Wrestling, all under the WWNLive banner, held a tour of China. The following month, WWNLive announced a long-term deal with Great-Wall International Sports Management for regular tours of Asia, starting in the spring of 2015.
During 2015, Evolve entered a relationship with WWE. Evolve's wrestlers were featured on WWE.com, while NXT wrestlers Sami Zayn, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan took part in Evolve events in non-wrestling roles. In January 2016, NXT General Manager William Regal and WWE COO Triple H attended Evolve 54. As part of the relationship, it was announced in March 2016 that Evolve would hold qualifying matches for WWE's Cruiserweight Classic.
On October 24, 2016, WWNLive and FloSports announced a new streaming service, starting on November 4. Through the service, subscribers can access both live streaming events as well as events from WWNLive's on-demand library, dating back to 2003.
On November 22, 2016, it was announced that WWNLive would be debuting a new promotion named Style Battle on January 7, 2017. Also announced was the creation of the WWN Championship on April 1, 2017.
On September 21, 2017, it was reported that FloSports had filed a $1 million lawsuit against WWNLive for breach of contract and alleged misrepresention of iPPV and VOD buyrates. WWNLive, meanwhile, claimed that FloSports had failed to live up to their contractual obligations. Because of the lawsuit, FloSports pulled all future WWNLive events from its streaming service. The following December, WWNLive launched a replacement streaming service, Club WWN.
|American Combat Wrestling||5th Avenue Entertainment||Port Richey, Florida||2001–present|
|Dragon Gate USA||Gabe Sapolsky||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||2009 - 2015
|Evolve Wrestling||Gabe Sapolsky||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||2009–present|
|Full Impact Pro||Sal Hamaoui||Largo, Florida||2009–present|
|Shine Wrestling||Dave Prazak||Ybor City, Florida||2012–present|
|Style Battle||Gabe Sapolsky||Ybor City, Florida||2017–present|
|Viva La Lucha||Ruben Zamora||San Diego, California||2006–present|
|Championship||Current champion(s)||Reign||Date won||Days||Location||Previous champion(s)|
|WWN Championship||JD Drake||1||October 28, 2018||200||Ybor City, Florida||Joey Janela|
|Evolve Championship||Austin Theory||1||December 15, 2018||152||Queens, NY||Fabian Aichner|
|Evolve Tag Team Championship||The Unwanted
(Eddie Kingston and Joe Gacy)
|1||March 15, 2019||62||Melrose, Massachusetts||Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford)|
|FIP World Heavyweight Championship||Anthony Henry||1||September 30, 2018||228||Ybor City, Florida||Austin Theory|
|FIP World Tag Team Championship||The Precipice
(Chance Auren and Omar Amir)
|1||March 3, 2019||74||Ybor City, Florida||The End|
(Oddison and Parrow)
|FIP Florida Heritage Championship||Jon Davis||1||May 25, 2018||356||Ybor City, Florida||Eddie Taurus|
|SHINE Championship||Miyu Yamashita||1||April 5, 2019||41||New York, New York||Allysin Kay|
|SHINE Tag Team Championship||Rainbow Bright
(Gabby Gilbert and Luscious Latasha)
|1||January 19, 2019||117||Ybor City, Florida||Twisted Sisters|
(Hollidead and Thunder Rosa)
|SHINE Nova Championship||Aja Perera||1||November 2, 2018||195||Ybor City, Florida||Candy Cartwright|
|ACW Combat Championship||Danny Vincent||1||February 2, 2019||103||Port Richey, Florida||Sawl Clover|
|ACW Cruiserweight Championship||Samuel C||2||September 2018||Florida||Markos Espada|
|ACW Heavyweight Championship||Damien Angel||1||December 1, 2018||166||Port Richey, Florida||Mitch Mitchell|
|ACW Tag Team Championship||The Precipice
(Chance Champion and Omar Amir)
|1||October 28, 2017||565||Port Richey, Florida||The Stateline|
(Damien Angel and Eddie Taurus)
|ACW Women's Championship||Avery Taylor||1||December 5, 2018||162||Port Richey, Florida||Katalina Perez|
- Keith Harris (11 June 2015). "WWE in negotiations with WWNLive for loose affiliation, is it linked to heat with Ring of Honor?". Cageside Seats.
- "PWTorch.com - DEVELOPING STORY: Update on WWE and WWNLive working together after WWE personnel attend EVOLVE show".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-04-06. Retrieved 2016-04-09.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "About". WWNLive. Archived from the original on 6 April 2016. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- Johnson, Mike (2014-09-19). "Evolve heading to China (no, really)". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved 2014-09-19.
WWNLive, the parent company of Evolve, Shine, FIP and Dragon Gate USA.
- Caldwell, James (2014-12-03). "Newswire: WWNLive announces long-term China plan, Ross talks importance of Tokyo Dome, New Japan's subscription goals, latest World Tag League standings, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2014-12-04.
- Caldwell, James (2015-02-19). "WWNLive news: Official new training facility announced". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2015-02-19.
- Melok, Bobby (2015-10-15). "NXT's next breakout stars?: Meet the 5 Evolve wrestlers you need to know". WWE. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "10/17 Evolve 49 Results – Zayn, Gargano, more". Pro Wrestling Torch. 2015-10-17. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "NXT GM & Tag Team to appear at Evolve show". Pro Wrestling Torch. 2016-01-11. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "Evolve 54 iPPV results: HHH & William Regal make an appearance". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. 2016-01-24. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "WWE to hold GCS matches at future EVOLVE event". Pro Wrestling Torch. 2016-03-19. Archived from the original on 2016-03-20. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- Nason, Josh (2016-10-24). "FloSports announces deal with WWNLive, launches pro wrestling streaming service". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- Currier, Joseph (2016-11-22). "WWNLive debuting new Style Battle promotion on FloSlam". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved 2016-11-22.
- Johnson, Mike (2016-11-23). "WWNLive launching new title, new brand". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved 2016-11-24.
- Radican, Sean (2017-09-21). "Breaking: FloSports files lawsuit against WWN for misrepresentation of iPPV & VOD buyrates, WWN planning countersuit (w/Radican's Analysis)". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- Currier, Joseph (2017-09-22). "Evolve events pulled from FloSlam schedule". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved 2017-09-22.
- Currier, Joseph (2017-12-20). "WWN launches new on-demand service". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved 2017-12-20.
- Kreikenbohm, Philip. "Viva La Lucha! (VLL)". cagematch.net. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- "Viva La Lucha on WWNLive.com". WWNLive.com. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Trionfo, Richard (2015-07-04). "FIP Declaration of Independence report: Swann versus Konley for the world title, Savages versus Solow and Cade for the tag titles, ladder match, and more". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "FIP Florida Heritage Championship". Cage Match. Retrieved March 20, 2016.