DHL Air UK
|Founded||1982 (as Elan Air)|
|Parent company||DHL Express|
|Headquarters||Hounslow, United Kingdom|
DHL Air UK, incorporated as DHL Air Ltd., is a cargo airline based in Orbital Park, Hounslow, London Borough of Hounslow. It is wholly owned by Deutsche Post DHL and provides services on the group's DHL-branded parcel and express network in Europe. Its main base is East Midlands Airport.
The company was formed as Elan Air in October 1982 and became DHL Air in August 1989. Elan Air operated night freight charters for DHL using the Armstrong Whitworth Argosy and Handley Page Dart Herald. Later the airline acquired Merchantman freighter versions of the Vickers Vanguard and was operating three when it became DHL Air in 1989.
The airline has 270 employees as of March 2007. DHL Air Ltd. holds a United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority Type A Operating Licence, it is permitted to carry passengers, cargo and mail on aircraft with 20 or more seats.
As of November 2015, the DHL Air UK fleet consists of the following aircraft:
|Boeing 757-200SF||19||—||Operated for European Air Transport Leipzig|
|Boeing 767-300F||4||1||operated for DHL Aviation|
- "IATA - Airline and Airport Code Search". iata.org. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Online Shipping." DHL Air UK. Retrieved on 23 April 2014. "DHL International (UK) Limited Registered Office: Orbital Park, 178-188 Great South West Road, Hounslow, Middlesex TW4 6JS"
- "Beteiligungsliste/Participation list". Jahresabschluss (HGB)/Annual Financial Statements (HGB). Deutsche Post AG. Archived from the original on November 30, 2009. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 73.
- Companies House record for English Company #01671114 DHL Air Limited formerly Elan Air Limited
- Operating Licence Archived May 1, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- ch-aviation.com - DHL Air retrieved 22 November 2015
Media related to DHL Air UK at Wikimedia Commons