DHL Air UK
|Founded||October 1982 (as Elan Air)|
|Parent company||DHL Express|
|Headquarters||Hounslow, United Kingdom|
DHL Air UK, incorporated as DHL Air Ltd., is a British cargo airline based in Orbital Park, Hounslow, London Borough of Hounslow. It is wholly owned by Deutsche Post DHL and provides services on the group's DHL-branded parcel and express network in Europe. Its main base is East Midlands Airport. It forms a part of the greater DHL Aviation division.
The company was formed as Elan Air in October 1982 and became DHL Air in August 1989. Elan Air operated night freight charters for DHL using the Armstrong Whitworth Argosy and Handley Page Dart Herald. Later the airline acquired Merchantman freighter versions of the Vickers Vanguard and was operating three when it became DHL Air in 1989.
DHL Air has held a United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority Type A Operating License (AOC) since 30 November 2001 to transport passengers, cargo and mail on aircraft with a capacity of 20 or more seats. After receiving the license, flight operations began in December 2001.
The airline has 270 employees as of March 2007. Its main office is located at EMA Cargo West in the main DHL building at East Midlands Airport.
|Boeing 777F||—||8||Deliveries early 2022|
As Elan Air, the airline formerly operated the following aircraft:
|Airbus A330-300P2F||1||2020||2021||Transferred to European Air Transport Leipzig|
|Armstrong Whitworth AW.660 Argosy||2||1985||1987|
|Handley Page Dart Herald||1||1987||1988|
Accidents and incidents
- On February 13, 2021, a Boeing 757-200PCF (registered G-DHKZ) returned to land at Leipzig/Halle Airport after the cargo door opened in flight shortly after departure.
- "IATA - Airline and Airport Code Search". iata.org. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 3 April 2007. p. 73.
- "Online Shipping." DHL Air UK. Retrieved on 23 April 2014. "DHL International (UK) Limited Registered Office: Orbital Park, 178-188 Great South West Road, Hounslow, Middlesex TW4 6JS"
- "Beteiligungsliste/Participation list". Jahresabschluss (HGB)/Annual Financial Statements (HGB). Deutsche Post AG. Archived from the original on 30 November 2009. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- Companies House record for English Company #01671114 DHL Air Limited formerly Elan Air Limited
- Operating Licence Archived 11 March 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part Two)". Airliner World (November 2016): 36.
- "DHL Air Fleet Details and History". Planespotters.net. Retrieved 15 February 2021.
- "ELAN fleet". aerobernie.bplaced.net. Retrieved 20 February 2021.
- "Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 5 September 2009.
Media related to DHL Air UK at Wikimedia Commons