|Commenced operations||March 2011|
|Hubs||Cairo International Airport|
|Secondary hubs||Borg El Arab Airport|
|Company slogan||Truly yours|
|Key people||Ahmed Aly (CEO)|
Nile Air (Arabic:النيل للطيران) is an Egyptian airline based at Cairo International Airport that operates scheduled services to destinations in Egypt and the Middle East, Persian Gulf, Southern Europe and Africa.
The airline's head office is located opposite Cairo International Airport's Terminal 1 in Cairo, Egypt.
On 1 November 2009, the airline received its (AOC) from the Egyptian Civil Aviation Authority, which permitted the airline to launch operations. It launched operations in August 2010, initially operating a short term wet lease contract with Libyan Arab Airlines, before starting scheduled services from Egypt in March 2011, with the launch of flights to Saudi Arabia.
In January 2011, the airline became the first private Egyptian airline to publish its schedule and flight availability on the Global Distribution System (GDS). By the end of December 2013, Nile Air joined the Arab Air Carriers Organization.
The airline had originally ordered nine Airbus A321-200 aircraft in 2007, however in 2015 this order was adjusted to two aircraft.
Nile Air is an Egyptian Joint Stock Company established in 2008, and is 'mainly owned' by Dr. Nasser Al Tayyar, former President of Al Tayyar Group, a prominent travel agency based in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Nile Air is shown in the accounts of the Al Tayyar Travel Group Holding Company as a 'related company'.
As of July 2016, Nile Air serves the following destinations with scheduled services:
|Airbus A321-200||1||2||8||196||204||Aircraft deliveries in 2018|
- "About Nile Airline". Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Airbus wins $792mn Nile Air order". Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Al Tayyar Travel Group Holding Company Consolidated Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2014" (PDF). Retrieved 4 December 2015.
- "Nile Air Schedules Domestic Egypt Service Launch in July 2016". Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- "Nile Air Flows Across Saudi Arabia and into Sudan". Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Nile Air Announce Seventh Destination In Saudi Arabia". Retrieved 4 December 2015.
- "Nile Air Fleet Details and History". planespotters.net. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "Nile Air Fleet". airfleets.net. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "Our Fleet". nileair. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nile Air.|