Changchun Rail Transit
|Locale||Changchun, Jilin, China|
|Transit type||Rapid transit/Light rail|
|Number of lines||2|
|Number of stations||49|
|Daily ridership||140,000 (2012 Daily Avg.)
200,000 (2012 Peak)
|Operation will start||2016 (metro)|
|System length||50.63 km (31.46 mi)|
|Changchun Rail Transit|
Changchun Rail Transit (Changchun RT) is an on-ground rail mass transit system in the city of Changchun, Jilin province, China. It is said to be the first light rail transit or metrotram system on mainland China. The initial phase of Line 3 was completed in 2001, the 2nd phase was completed in 2006. Thus the construction of Line 3 has been totally finished. It officially opened to revenue service in October 2002. The current total length of the route is 50.63 kilometers (31.46 mi) with 49 stations. 4 sections of 4 Lines are under construction.
The system will be expanded by two lines of conventional underground metro and one line of lightrail. Construction of the first line of metro (Line 1), with 18 stations and a length of 20.12 kilometers (12.50 mi), started in 2011, and it is planned to open for service in 2016. Construction on a second metro line (Line 2) started in 2012.Construction on a third lightrail line (Line Beihu) started in 2014. Construction on extending Line 3 started in 2014.
|Line 3||Changchun Railway Station
|Line 4||Northern Stop of Changchun Railway Station
- The current alignment has 32 stations which include Changchun Railway Station, Liaoninglu, Furongqiao, Xi'anqiao, Nanchanglu, Chaoyangqiao, Jiefangqiao, Huxiqiao, Fusonglu, Nanhudalu, Huguanglu, Guigudajie, Qianjin, Qianjindajie, Weimingjie, Weiguangjie, Weixingguangchang, Yataidajie, Yitonghe, Linhejie, Xiantaidajie, Huizhanzhongxin, Shijiguangchang, Zhongyiyaodaxue, Dongbeishida, Huaqiaowaiyuan*Boxuelu, Nongboyuan, Jingyuegongyuan, Zishanlu, Fuzhilu, Huaxuechang, Changyingshijicheng.
- The first train departs at 6:00. At 21:00 both last trains leave the termini at Changyingshijicheng, Shijiguangchang and Changchun Railway Station.
- You can transfer Line 4 at Linhejie.
- The current alignment has 15 stations which include Northern Stop of Changchun Railway Station, Beiyataidajie, Weihuanggong, Dongdaqiao, Jilindalu, Gongpinglu, Ziyoudalu, Pudonglu, Dongnanhudalu, Beihailu, Weixinglu, Shironglu, Nansanhuan, Nansihuan, Chechang.
- The first train departs at 6:00. At 21:00 both last trains leave the termini at Northern Stop of Changchun Railway Station and Chechang.
- You can transfer Line 3 at Weixinglu.
The History and Lines of the Changchun Rail Transit
Lines Serving Now
- October 30，2002: Line 3 (Phase 1) Changchun Railway Station - Weiguangjie
- December 26，2006: Line 3 (Phase 2) Weiguangjie - Changyingshijicheng
- June 30，2011: Line 4 Dongdaqiao - Chechang
- May 7，2012: Line 4 Northern Stop of Changchun Railway Station - Dongdaqiao
Lines Under Construction
- 2016: Line 1 Beihuanchenglu - Hongzuizi
- 2016: Line Beihu Beihuanchenglu - Taipingcun
- 201?: Line 3 Underground section from Furongqiao to Weihuanggong will be used. Former section overground will be dissolved.
- Before 2018: Line 2 Guojiqichenggongyuan - Dongfangguangchang
- 20??: Line 1 Beihuanchenglu - Lanjia
- 20??: Line 1 Hongzuizi - Yongchun
- 20??: Line 2 Dongfangguangchang - Xiangshui
- 20??: Line 4 Northern Stop of Changchun Railway Station - Hexin
- 20??: Line 5 Fufeng - Xinglongshan
- 20??: Line 6 Changchun West Railway Station - Fuzhilu
- 20??: Line 7 Bailongju - Taipingcun
- 20??: Line 8, 9 and 10
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Changchun Light Rail Transit.|
- Network map (to scale)
- Changchun Light Rail Transit Blog
- Changchun Light Rail (Chinese)
- UrbanRail Page on Changchun Light Rail
|This People's Republic of China rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|