The Collegiate Network (CN) is a program that provides financial and technical assistance to student editors and writers of roughly 100 independent, conservative and libertarian publications at colleges and universities around the United States. Member publications have a combined annual distribution of more than two million. Since 1995, the CN has been administered by the Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI), headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware.
According to its web site, CN supports college publications which "serve to focus public awareness on the politicization of American college and university classrooms, curricula, student life, and the resulting decline of educational standards." Newspapers and journals in the CN regularly call attention to what they interpret as corruption and hypocrisy in campus administrations' and student groups' policies, argue in favor of free speech in liberal education, encourage discussion and debate, and train students in the principles and practices of journalism.
In 1979, the Institute For Educational Affairs (IEA) responded to the request of two University of Chicago students for start-up funding for a new conservative newspaper, Counterpoint. By 1980, the grant program had been expanded and named the Collegiate Network, and by 1983, under the continuing administration of the IEA, had added both internships and persistent operating grants for conservative campus newspapers. In 1990, the Madison Center for Educational Affairs merged with the IEA to maintain funding for what had expanded to 57 conservative student publications. The Intercollegiate Studies Institute took over operations in 1995 and has since administered the CN from Wilmington, Delaware.
- The Brown Spectator, Brown University
- California Patriot, University of California, Berkeley
- The Centurion, Rutgers University
- The Cornell Review, Cornell University
- The Dartmouth Review, Dartmouth College
- The Harvard Ichthus, Harvard University
- The Harvard Salient, Harvard University
- The Kenyon Observer, Kenyon College
- The Michigan Review, University of Michigan
- The UPenn Statesman, University of Pennsylvania
- The Prince Arthur Herald, McGill University
- Princeton Tory, Princeton University
- The Stanford Review, Stanford University
- Texas Review of Law and Politics, University of Texas at Austin
- The Villanova Times, Villanova University
- The Virginia Informer, College of William & Mary
- Ahad-Legardy, Badia; Poon, OiYan (2018). Difficult Subjects: Insights and Strategies for Teaching about Race, Sexuality, and Gender. Stylus Publishing. ISBN 9781620367940.
- Beer, Jeremy; Jeffrey, Nelson; Frohnen, Bruce (May 20, 2014). American Conservatism: An Encyclopedia. Open Road Media. ISBN 1497651573. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "History & Mission". Collegiate Network. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- Gutsche, Robert (February 7, 2005). "'Right-on' gets new take at UW-Madison ; Conservative paper to bow on campus". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on May 11, 2006. Retrieved February 12, 2006.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Member publications". Collegiate Network.