Khanakul II (community development block)
খানাকুল II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||121.74 km2 (47.00 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,300/km2 (3,400/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Arambagh|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Khanakul|
Khanakul II (community development block) is an administrative division in Arambag subdivision of Hooghly district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Khanakul police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Khanakul.
Natibpur, a constituent panchayat of Khanakul II block, is located at.
Khanakul II community development block has an area of 121.74 km2.
As per 2001 census, Khanakul II block had a total population of 160,861, out of which 79,564 were males and 81,297 were females. Khanakul II block registered a population growth of 6.90 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Hooghly district was 15.72 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per the 2001 census, Khanakul II block had a total literacy of 49.27 per cent. While male literacy was 72.54 per cent, female literacy was 38.76 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Hooghly district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Hugli district". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Khanakul II". Local Self-government. Hooghly Zilla Parishad. Retrieved 2011-08-04.