|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||179.258 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)|
|NY (what is this?)|
para-Ethoxyamphetamine, also known as 4-ethoxyamphetamine (4-ETA), is a psychoactive drug and research chemical of the phenethylamine and amphetamine chemical classes which is closely related to the infamous para-methoxyamphetamine (PMA). para-Ethoxyamphetamine has similar effects to PMA in animal studies, although with slightly weaker stimulant effects. Like PMA, it has prominent MAOI activity, and is likely to have similar dangers associated with its use.
- para-Methoxyamphetamine (PMA)
- 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-ethoxyamphetamine (MEM)
- 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-propoxyamphetamine (MPM)
- Martin-Iverson MT, Yamada N, By AW, Lodge BA (December 1991). ""Designer" amphetamines: effects on behavior and monoamines with or without reserpine and/or alpha-methyl-para-tyrosine pretreatment". Journal of Psychiatry & Neuroscience : JPN. 16 (5): 253–61. PMC . PMID 1686728.
- Corrigall WA, Robertson JM, Coen KM, Lodge BA (January 1992). "The reinforcing and discriminative stimulus properties of para-ethoxy- and para-methoxyamphetamine". Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior. 41 (1): 165–9. doi:10.1016/0091-3057(92)90077-S. PMID 1539067.
- Hegadoren KM, Greenshaw AJ, Baker GB, Martin-Iverson MT, Lodge B, Soin S (January 1994). "4-Ethoxyamphetamine: effects on intracranial self-stimulation and in vitro uptake and release of 3H-dopamine and 3H-serotonin in the brains of rats". Journal of Psychiatry & Neuroscience : JPN. 19 (1): 57–62. PMC . PMID 8148367.
- Martin-Iverson MT, Lodge BA (December 1991). "Effects of chronic treatment of rats with "designer" amphetamines on brain regional monoamines". Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology. 69 (12): 1825–32. doi:10.1139/y91-270. PMID 1802356.
(and close relatives)