Disney Channel Malaysia
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Disney Channel (Southeast Asia). (Discuss) Proposed since March 2014.|
|Disney Channel Malaysia|
|Launched||January 1, 2008|
|Network||Disney Channel Asia|
|Owned by||The Walt Disney Company|
|Picture format||SDTV (480i 4:3)
PAL (576i 4:3)
HDTV (1080i 16:9)
|Broadcast area||Kuala Lumpur (surrounding area in Klang Valley)
Bandar Seri Begawan (surrounding area in Brunei-Muara)
|Headquarters||Suria KLCC, Petronas Twin Towers, Jalan Ampang, KLCC Park, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Sister channel(s)||Disney XD Asia
Disney Junior Asia
|Channel 20 (UHF)|
|Bandar Seri Begawan
|Channel 20 (UHF)|
Disney Channel Malaysia is a Disney Channel-branded pay cable television channel for viewers in Malaysia and Brunei based in Klang Valley (surrounding area in Kuala Lumpur and Brunei-Muara (surrounding area in Bandar Seri Begawan on Channel 20 (in UHF) and is available in three languages: English, Malay and Chinese. This channel is only available on Astro in Malaysia and Kristal-Astro in Brunei on Channel 615 (in SDTV) and Channel 635 (in HDTV) and UniFi in Malaysia on Channel 137 (in SDTV) and Channel 157 (in HDTV). The old name for Disney Channel Malaysia was Disney Channel Asia. English, Malay and Chinese are available 24 hours a day. Disney Channel Malaysia's main competitors are Nickelodeon Malaysia and Cartoon Network (Southeast Asia).
Disney Channel's Malaysian feed (their continuity is different to their regular Asian feed from Disney Channel's continuity recorded in London), launched at 00:00 MST. The first continuity announcement for Disney Channel in its own Malaysian feed were: "Welcome! It's midnight on the 1st of January, 2008, and we welcome viewers who are watching in Malaysia this evening to the Disney Channel. We now join Teuku Wisnu with Disney Channel's Big Malaysian New Year!", LIVE from Bukit Bintang Square!"
When launched in 1996, Disney Channel launch the same logo as in the United States and idents in the United Kingdom. In 1997, Disney Channel dropped the word "The" on the network's name with a new splat logo using the red and blue colors and shaped objects to form the logo. In 1999, Disney Channel launched a new logo with simple circles forming the Mickey Mouse head including two red splats and a blue splat, three raindrops, three pumpkins, two orange mini-discs and a blue disc, and two yellow circles and an orange one. The splat logo (from 1997) is still in use. New idents where created in CGI designed by GEDEON. Other design companies such as Gamma Studos Pedall and Estructura7 also shared a project. In 2003, Disney Channel launched the same logo as Disney Channel US that was used in 2002 created by CA Square. Disney Channel launched a smartphone app logo in early August 2011 but was used rarely until 8 locations of 2011. This logo was launched in the United States in August 2011.
Smartphone logo: February 1, 2012–present
In February 1, 2012, Disney Channel launched uses the Disney Channel US' smartphone applications logo but the main site and other bumpers remains with each the addition under the addition of a new logo. The launch was make under the coordination by:
I ♥ Phineas and Ferb February
- I ♥ Phineas and Ferb February Special – 1½ hours of Phineas and Ferb every day with a new episode on Sundays.
- Longest Ferb-ruary Marathon Ever – On February 29, Disney Channel aired 14 hours of Phineas and Ferb with the movie right after.
- Magical Movie Festival – A line-up of Japanese movies (Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and The Cat Returns) premieres every Saturday night after the 7:30PM movie.
- Platypus Day – 1½ hours of Phineas and Ferb and Perry the Platypus every day with a new episode on Sundays.
- Platypus Walk – On May 22, Disney Channel aired 22 hours of Phineas and Ferb celebrate Platypus Day right after.
- Magical Movie – A line-up of Mickey Mouse Disney movies (Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers, Mickey's House of Villains, A Goofy Movie, An Extremely Goofy Movie and Have a Laugh! premieres every Sunday night after the 11:13PM movie.
Crazy 4 You
- Crazy 4 You – Phineas and Ferb and Crazy 4 You celebrate every day with a new episode on Sundays.
- Phineas and Ferb – On February 21, Disney Channel aired 24 hours of Phineas and Ferb celebrate Crazy 4 You right after.
- Magical Movie – A line-up of Mickey Mouse Disney movies premiere every Sunday night after the 11:20PM movie.
Phineas and Ferb 100th Backyard Adventures
- Phineas and Ferb 100th Backyard Adventures Special – 2 2/7 hours of Phineas and Ferb every day with a new episode on Sundays.
- Longest Ferb February Marathon Ever – On March 22, Disney Channel aired 24 hours of Phineas and Ferb with the movie right after.
- Magical Movie – A line-up of Japanese movies premieres every Saturday night after the 7:30PM movie.
Phineas and Ferb Fa-la-la-lidays
On the 1st April to the 2nd April, Disney Channel changed their idents coordination by the new logo.
|Malaysia||Terrestrial||UHF: Channel 20|
|Satellite||Astro||SDTV: Channel 615
HDTV: Channel 635
|IPTV||UniFi||SDTV: Channel 137
HDTV: Channel 157
|Brunei||Terrestrial||UHF: Channel 20|
|Satellite||Kristal Astro||SDTV: Channel 615
HDTV: Channel 635