|Ceased operations||16 May 2018|
|Secondary hubs||Mariehamn Airport|
|Headquarters||Solna Municipality, Sweden|
|Key people||Magnus Ivarsson (CEO)|
NextJet was one of the largest regional airlines in Sweden. It was headquartered in Frösundavik in Solna Municipality, just north of Stockholm. The airline filed for bankruptcy on 16 May 2018.
NextJet served most of their domestic destinations from Stockholm-Arlanda Airport. As of summer 2010 they also served a lot of domestic destinations from Stockholm-Bromma Airport on behalf of Sverigeflyg as well as Stockholm-Arlanda Airport and Helsinki-Vantaa Airport from Mariehamn Airport on the behalf of Air Åland. Many of the domestic routes operated by NextJet were subsidised by the Swedish government. Its IATA airline designator, 2N, is shared with the Ukrainian Південмашавіа / Yuzhmashair.
One of the airline's investors was former member of ABBA, Björn Ulvaeus. It also operated taxi and executive charter flights with two business jet aircraft. Since 2012, the main owner of Nextjet had been Örnsköldsvik's local business life through Höga Kusten Flyg AB, and the owner's aim was to secure the air connections to Stockholm. Since July 2016 Nextjet group (Nextjet Sverige AB, Nextjet AB and Sweports AB and Höga Kusten Flyg -brand) is mutually owned by Jakobstad-based energy company Katternö, Air Åland and Magnus Ivarsson - current Nextjet CEO and one of airline founders.
On 16 May 2018, the airline filed for bankruptcy. It subsequently shut down operations and cancelled all flights that departed after 1pm that day. However on 1 June 2018, the airline was purchased by Olsen Group to resume operations on 11 June 2018, rebranding the airline as Air Scandic.
Prior to its demise, NextJet served the following destinations (as of May 2017):
|ATR 42-300||1||—||46||operated by DOT LT|
|Bombardier CRJ200||2||—||50||operated by Voyageur Airways|
|Saab 340A||3||—||33-36||1 in 'Swedish Ski Team' special livery|
- "IATA - Airline and Airport Code Search". iata.org. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- Flightradar24. "NextJet fleet (2N / NTJ) - Flightradar24". www.flightradar24.com. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "Destinations NextJet". NextJet.se. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- "Contact Us." NextJet. Retrieved on 23 May 2012. "FRÖSUNDAVIKS ALLÉ 15, 169 70 SOLNA "
- "Swedish airline cancels all flights after filing for bankruptcy". 2018-05-16. Retrieved 2018-05-16.
- "Sweden's NextJet secures buyer, to resume ops". ch-aviation. ch-aviation GmbH. 1 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- Jarvis, Howard (1 June 2018). "Pan-Nordic group buys NextJet operations". STANDBY Nordic. standbynordic.com / Travelmedia Nordic. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Our Aircraft - NextJet". NextJet.se. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
Media related to Nextjet at Wikimedia Commons