||This article may contain excessive, poor, or irrelevant examples.
172 (one hundred [and] seventy-two) is the natural number following 171 and preceding 173.
172 is an even number, a composite number and a deficient number. It is also a 30-gonal number.
172 is a noncototient integer, as well as the sum of Euler's totient function φ(x) over the first twenty-three integers. 172 is also a member of the Lazy Caterer's Sequence.
172 is a repdigit in base 6 (444), as well as in bases 42, 85, and 171.
In the military
- Dana Kunze holds the world record for high diving at 172 feet
- In squash, one of John White’s shots was clocked at a record 172 miles per hour
- British Rail Class 172
- The London Buses headquarters at 172 Buckingham Palace Road
- The East 172nd Avenue light rail station on the MAX Blue Line in Gresham, Oregon
- The Cessna 172 Skyhawk 4-seat, single-engine aircraft. More Cessna 172s were built than any other aircraft
- Cessna models: 172, 172A, 172AB, 172C, 172D, 172E, 172F, 172G, 172H, 172I, 172J, 172K, 172L, 172M, 172N, 172O, 172P, 172Q Cutlass, 172R, 172RG, and 172S
- The planned diesel-powered Cessna 172TD
- Aviation frequency radio exchange (one-seventy-two) associated with the Cessna 172
In other fields
172 is also: