This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Factorization||2 × 52|
1, 2, 5, 10, 25, 500
Fifty is the smallest number that is the sum of two non-zero square numbers in two distinct ways: 50 = 12 + 72 = 52 + 52. It is also the sum of three squares, 50 = 32 + 42 + 52, and the sum of four squares, 50 = 62 + 32 + 22 + 12. It is a Harshad number.
|Look up fifty in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- The atomic number of tin
- The fifth magic number in nuclear physics
- The percent of genetic overlap of a parent and offspring.
- In Kabbalah, there are 50 Gates of Wisdom (or Understanding) and 50 Gates of Impurity
- The traditional number of years in a jubilee period.
- 50 goals in 50 games is a milestone achievement in the NHL, first set by Maurice "Rocket" Richard in the 1944–45 season.
- In cricket one day internationals, each side may bat for 50 overs.
In other fields
- There are 50 states in the United States of America. The TV show Hawaii Five-O and its reimagined version, Hawaii Five-0, are so called because Hawaii is the last (50th) of the states to officially become a state.
- 5-O (Five-Oh) - Slang for police officers and/or a warning that police are approaching. Derived from the television show Hawaii Five-O
- A calibre of ammunition (0.50 inches: see .50 BMG)
- In millimetres, the focal length of the normal lens in 35 mm photography
- The percentage (50%) equivalent to one half, so that the phrase "fifty-fifty" commonly expresses something divided equally in two; in business this is often denoted as being the ultimate in equal partnership
- In years of marriage, the gold or "golden" wedding anniversary
- Nickname 50 Cent, a rapper.
- A Canadian brand of beer called 50 Ale created in 1950 by Labatt breweries to commemorate 50 years of partnership. It is a popular brand still sold today.
- The speed limit, in kilometres per hour, of Australian and Canadian roads with unspecified limits.
- In the 1994 action movie Speed, which depicts a Los Angeles cop (Keanu Reeves), who must rescue civilians on a bus that has a bomb rigged to it which will detonate if the bus's speed drops below 50 mph.
- de Koninck, J.M. (2009). Those fascinating numbers. AMS Bookstore. p. 18. ISBN 0-8218-4807-0.
- "Sloane's A005349 : Niven (or Harshad) numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-30.
- "Sloane's A005277 : Nonients". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-30.
- "Sloane's A005278 : Noncotients". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-30.
- Adkison, Linda (2011). Elsevier's Integrated Review Genetics. p. 42.
- Leviticus 25:10
- Karen Rhodes (1 February 1997). Booking Hawaii Five-O: An Episode Guide and Critical History of the 1968–1980 Television Detective Series. McFarland. p. 265. ISBN 978-0-7864-8666-3.