|Cardinal||one hundred sixty-seven|
(one hundred sixty-seventh)
167 is the only prime which can not be expressed as a sum of seven or fewer cubes. It is also the smallest number which requires six terms when expressed using the greedy algorithm as a sum of squares, 167 = 144 + 16 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1, although by Lagrange's four-square theorem its non-greedy expression as a sum of squares can be shorter, e.g. 167 = 121 + 36 + 1 + 1.
167 is a full reptend prime in base 10, since the decimal expansion of 1/167 repeats the following 166 digits: 0.00598802395209580838323353293413173652694610778443113772455089820359281437125748502994 0119760479041916167664670658682634730538922155688622754491017964071856287425149700...
167 is the smallest multi-digit prime such that the product of digits is equal to the number of digits times the sum of the digits, i. e., 1×6×7 = 3×(1+6+7)
- 167 Urda is a main belt asteroid
- 167P/CINEOS is a periodic comet in our solar system
- IC 167 is interacting galaxies
In the military
- Marine Light Attack Helicopter Squadron 167 is a United States Marine Corps helicopter squadron
- Martin Model 167 was a U.S.-designed light bomber during World War II
- USCGC Acushnet (WMEC-167) was a U.S. Navy Diver-class rescue and salvage ship during World War II
- USS Acree (DE-167) was a U.S. Navy Cannon-class destroyer escort during World War II
- USS Caledonia (AK-167) was a U.S. Navy Alamosa-class cargo ship during World War II
- USS Cowell (DD-167) was a U.S. Navy Wickes-class destroyer during World War I
- USS Freestone (APA-167) was a U.S. Navy Haskell-class attack transport during World War II
- USS Leyden (IX-167) was a transport ship during World War II
- USS Narwhal (SS-167) was a U.S. Navy Narwhal-class submarine during World War II
- Martina Navratilova has 167 tennis titles, an all-time record for men or women
- London Buses route 167
- SMRT Bus Service 167 in Singapore
- 167th Street is an elevated local station in the Bronx on the IRT Jerome Avenue Line, 4 train, of the New York City Subway.
- 167th Street is an underground local station in the Bronx on the IND Concourse Line, B and D trains, of the New York City Subway.
- List of highways numbered 167
In other fields
167 is also:
- The year AD 167 or 167 BC
- The atomic number of an element temporarily called Unhexseptium
- The Universal Disk Format (or ECMA-167) format of a file system for optical media storage
- C167 family is a 16-bit microcontroller architecture from Infineon
- Pips are dots on the face of a die, denoting its value. The pip count at the start of a backgammon game is 167[importance?]
- M167 (disambiguation)
- List of highways numbered 167
- United States Supreme Court cases, Volume 167
- United Nations Security Council Resolution 167
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 167 (number).|
- "Sloane's A005385 : Safe primes". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- Sloane, N. J. A. (ed.). "Sequence A006892 (Representation as a sum of squares requires n squares with greedy algorithm)". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation.
- "Tables of imaginary quadratic fields with small class number". numbertheory.org.