|Cardinal||seven hundred seventy-seven|
(seven hundred and seventy-seventh)
|Factorization||3 × 7 × 37|
The number 777 is significant in various religious and political contexts.
Christian denominations consider seven to be a holy number because Genesis says that God rested on the 7th day and man was created on the 6th day, therefore 777 is thought to be the antithesis of 666. Because God rested on the 7th day, that is the reason for the observance of the Hebrew Sabbath on the last day of the week. The 7th day of the week is indicated on the Hebrew Lunar calendar containing 13 months of four weeks each. According to the American publication, the Orthodox Study Bible, 777 represents the threefold perfection of the Trinity. The Watcher Community uses it is a reference to the 7 angels, 7 trumpets, and 7 bowls of wrath from the book of The Revelation.
777 is also found in the title of the book 777 and Other Qabalistic Writings of Aleister Crowley pertaining to the law of thelema.
In Unix's chmod, the value 777 grants all file access permissions to all user types.
Boeing, the airplane manufacturing giant, released the airplane in June 1995. The family of 777's include 777-200, 777-200ER, the 777-300, the 777-200LR Worldliner, the 777-300ER, and the 777 Freighter.
Gambling and Luck
777 is used on most slot machines in the United States to identify a jackpot.
- "From Adam to Noah", Biblica Inc.,1973.Retrieved on 27 March 2014
- Posner, Eliezer. "On the Meaning of Three". Chabad. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- Dennis, Geoffrey. "Judaism & Numbers". My Jewish Learning. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- Loughran, David. "The Number 777", Stewarton Bible School, 1995. Retrieved on 25 March 2014.
- "Properties of the number 777". Riding the Beast. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- Crowley,Aleister.["777 And Other Qabalistic Writings of Aleister Crowley"],Weiser Books,June 1, 1986.Retrieved on March 27, 2014.
- "Afrikaner Resistance Movement", LA times, 3 April 2010. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "The Three Sevens flag", 8 March 2014. Retrieved on 14 March 2014.
- "RPS 777 The President", Retrieved on March 27, 2014,
- "Boeing 777 Facts". Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Technical Information". Boeing. Retrieved 5 December 2013.