|This article does not cite any sources. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||20s BC 10s BC 0s BC – 0s – 10s 20s 30s|
|Years:||4 AD 5 AD 6 AD – 7 AD – 8 AD 9 AD 10 AD|
|7 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||760|
|Chinese calendar||丙寅年 (Fire Tiger)
2703 or 2643
— to —
丁卯年 (Fire Rabbit)
2704 or 2644
|Coptic calendar||−277 – −276|
|Ethiopian calendar||−1 – 0|
|- Vikram Samvat||63–64|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3107–3108|
|Iranian calendar||615 BP – 614 BP|
|Islamic calendar||634 BH – 633 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1905 before ROC
|Seleucid era||318/319 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||549–550|
Year 7 (VII) was a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Metellus and Nerva (or, less frequently, year 760 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 7 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Illyrian tribes in Pannonia and Dalmatia continue the Great Illyrian Revolt against Roman rule.
- Roman Emperor Caesar Augustus dismisses the Judean ethnarch Herod Archelaus.
- Publius Quinctilius Varus is appointed governor of Germania, charged with organizing Germania between the Rhine and Elbe rivers. He carries out a census, devises tributes and recruits soldiers, all of which create dissension among the Germanic tribes.
- Abgarus of Edessa is deposed as king of Osroene.
- Construction of the Temple of Concord begins.
- Vonones I becomes ruler of Parthia.
- Zhai Yi, Governor of the Commandery of Dong (modern Puyang, Henan) declares Liu Zin, Marquess of Yang Xiang (modern Tai'an, Shandong), emperor. This proves to be the largest of the rebellions against Emperor Ruzi of Han.
- Wang Mang puts down the rebellion during the winter. The Zhai is captured and executed while Liu Xin escapes.
- Drusus Caesar, son of Germanicus and Agrippina the elder (d. 33)
- Gnaeus Domitius Corbulo, Roman General (d. 67)