|Cardinal||seven hundred eighty-six|
(seven hundred eighty-sixth)
|Factorization||2 × 3 × 131|
- a sphenic number.
- a Harshad number in bases 4, 5, 7, 14 and 16.
- the aliquot sum of 510.
- part of the 321329-aliquot tree. The complete aliquot sequence starting at 498 is: 498, 510, 786, 798, 1122, 1470, 2634, 2646, 4194, 4932, 7626, 8502, 9978, 9990, 17370, 28026, 35136, 67226, 33616, 37808, 40312, 35288, 37072, 45264, 79728, 146448, 281166, 281178, 363942, 424638, 526338, 722961, 321329, 1, 0
786 might be the largest n for which the value of the central binomial coefficient is not divisible by an odd prime squared. If there is a larger such number, it would have to be at least 157450 (see OEIS: A059097).
786 is a United States area code in Miami-Dade County. As an overlay area code, it shares geography with other codes in order to increase the area's pool of usable numbers, bringing ten-digit dialing to the Florida Keys.
Arabic abjad numerology
In Arabic literature, there is a numerology equation in which words and abjad letters converted into numbers gives 786 as a conversion of the words in Arabic Besm Allah AlRahman AlRahim which literally means in English: "In the Name of Allah (i.e. God) the Compassionate the Merciful".
In other fields
- 80786 - 7th generation x86 like Athlon and Intel Pentium 4
- The USSD code 786, typically dialed as ##786# or *#786#, opens the RTN dialog on some cell phones. "RTN" is 786 when dialed on an E.161 telephone pad.
- In the New General Catalogue, NGC786 is a magnitude 13.5 spiral galaxy in the constellation Aries. Additionally, 786 Bredichina is an asteroid.
- In juggling, 786 as fourhanded Siteswap is also known as French Threecount.
- In Islam, 786 is often used to represent the Arabic phrase Bismillah.
- Vijay Verma's (Amitabh Bachchan) coolie number in the 1975 Hindi film Deewaar.
- Rajnikanth's coolie number in the 1981 Tamil film Thee, which again was a remake of the Hindi film Deewaar.
- Iqbal Khan (Amitabh Bachchan) in the 1983 Hindi film Coolie had this number for his coolie number called Billa no. 786 (badge number 786).
- Amitabh Bachchan has indicated that he thinks this is an auspicious number as the 1975 Hindi film Deewaar was his first big hit, and he was seriously injured but survived while wearing this number during the shooting of the 1983 Hindi film Coolie.
- The Telugu actor Chiranjeevi sported this number in the 1988 Telugu film Khaidi No.786.
- Veer Pratap Singh's (Shahrukh Khan) prisoner number in the 2004 Hindi film Veer-Zaara.
- The registration number of Sultan's (Ajay Devgan) car in the 2010 Hindi film Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai is MRH 786.
- In the 2011 Tamil film Mankatha, in the scene where Vinayak Mahadev (Ajith Kumar) shoots Prem (Premgi Amaren), Vinayak checks whether Prem is dead or not. The coat that Prem wears has a gold plate at his chest. Vinayak takes out the gold plate and the number is 786.
- Ashish R Mohan's 2012 Hindi film Khiladi 786 features Akshay Kumar in the title role. The same film was released in Pakistan without the number 786.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 786 (number).|