1907 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1907 in India.
- Emperor of India – Edward VII
- Viceroy of India - Gilbert Elliot-Murray-Kynynmound, 4th Earl of Minto
- 5 June - Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha, a sect of Hinduism, is established by Swami Yagnapurushdas.
- 26 December - Surat Split of Congress- Split into Moderates and Radicals- Resulted in political void and arresting of Radical leaders
- 1 April - Sree Sree Shivakumara Swamiji, Head of Siddaganga Mutt and founder of Sree Siddaganga Education Society.
- 15 May - Sukhdev Thapar, revolutionary, executed (died 1931).
- 19 August - Hazari Prasad Dwivedi, novelist, literary historian, essayist, critic and scholar (died 1979).
- 27 September - Bhagat Singh, freedom fighter, executed (died 1931).
Full date unknown
- "THE SURAT CONGRESS". Documents in the Life of Sri Aurobindo. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|