1928 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1928 in India.
- Emperor of India – George V
- Viceroy of India – The Lord Irwin
- British officer John Saunders Murder 17 dec.
- February – the Simon Commission lands in India
- May – India wins Hockey Gold Medal at the Amsterdam Olympics – Games of the IXth Olympiad.
- December – Board of Control for Cricket in India is formed.
- 6 January – Vijay Tendulkar, playwright, movie and television writer, literary essayist, political journalist and social commentator (died 2008).
- 28 August – Mambillikalathil Govind Kumar Menon, physicist and policy maker.
- 12 September – M. V. Rajasekharan, politician and Minister.
- 31 December – Kongara Jaggayya, actor (died 2004).
Full date unknown
- J. V. Somayajulu, actor (died 2004).
- 1 July – Nanda Kishore Bal, poet (born 1875).
- Sree Narayana Guru attained eternity (born 1956) at Shivagiri Mutt, Varkala, Kollam in Kerala, South India.
- 17 Nov -Lala Lajpat Rai, Indian Punjabi author and politician (born 28 January 1865).
- Everyman's Dictionary of Dates; 6th ed. J. M. Dent, 1971; p. 263
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|