1970 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1970 in the Republic of India.
- 7 September - Maharashtra Pollution Control Board is established under the provisions of Maharashtra Prevention of Water Pollution Act, 1969.
- Bajaj Auto rolls out its 100,000th vehicle.
January to June
- 21 February - Karunas, comedian-actor.
- 21 March - Shobana, actress and dancer.
- 16 April - Mukesh Kumar, field hockey player.
July to December
- 6 August - M. Night Shyamalan, Indian American writer-director.
- 16 August - Saif Ali Khan, actor.
- 10 October - Ali, actor.
- 17 October - Anil Kumble, cricketer.
- 27 November - Thirumal Valavan, field hockey player.
- 12 December - Cheran, director and actor.
- 20 December - Sohail Khan, actor, producer and director.
- 28 December - Sajid Khan, actor.
- 3 May - Zakir Hussain, 3rd president of India
- 24 June - Sawai Man Singh II of Jaipur, last ruling Maharaja of Jaipur (b. 1911).
- 24 July - Peter de Noronha, businessman, philanthropist and civil servant (b. 1897).
- 21 November - C. V. Raman, physicist, awarded the 1930 Nobel Prize in Physics (b. 1888).