1981 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1981 in the Republic of India.
- July - About 308 people die in Bangalore after drinking illicit liquor (see: 1981 Karnataka liquor deaths).
- Arasan Ganesan Polytechnic is founded in Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu. It is a Government aided co-educational technical institute.
- National Aluminium Company incorporated as a public sector enterprise of the Government of India.
- 2 July - Infosys is founded in Pune
- 3 January - Sanggai Chanu, field hockey player.
- 25 February - Anuj Sawhney, actor and model.
- 9 June - Celina Jaitley, actress.
- 17 June - Amrita Rao, model and actress.
- 19 June - Gulzar Khan, philosopher and mathematician.
- 21 June[Bhavani Dakua]
- 7 July - Mahendra Singh Dhoni, cricketer.
- 27 September - Lakshmipathy Balaji, cricketer.
- 7 October - Abhijeet Sawant, singer and winner of Indian Idol (season 1)
- 24 October - Mallika Sherawat, actress and model.
- 27 November - Vikram Pillay, field hockey player.
- 9 December - Dia Mirza, actress and model.
- 12 December - Ashok, actor.
- 12 December - Yuvraj Singh, cricketer.
- 3 May - Nargis, actress (born 1929).
- 24 September - Brahmarishi Hussain Sha, seventh head of Sri Viswa Viznana Vidya Adhyatmika Peetham and scholar (born 1905).
- 28 December - David Abraham Cheulkar, actor (born 1908).