Coca-Cola HBC AG
|Traded as||LSE: CCH
|Founded||1969 (as Hellenic Bottling Company S.A.)
2000 (as Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A.)
2013 (as Coca-Cola HBC AG)
|George A. David (Chairman)
|Products||Alcohol Free Beverages|
|Revenue||€6.510 billion (2014)|
|€361.1 million (2014)|
|Profit||€294.2 million (2014)|
Coca-Cola HBC AG (also known as Coca-Cola HBC or Coca-Cola Hellenic) is the world's second-largest Coca-Cola anchor bottler in terms of volume with sales of more than 2 billion unit cases. Coca-Cola HBC‘s shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: CCH), with a secondary listing on the Athens Exchange (ATHEX: EEE). The company is included in the FTSE 100 and FTSE All – Share indices. Coca-Cola HBC has been named the industry leader among beverage companies in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) and is also included in the FTSE4Good Indexes.
Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. was incorporated under the laws of Greece in 1969, with headquarters in Athens. The Coca-Cola Company granted to the company its bottling rights in the country in 1969.
In July 1998, Coca-Cola Amatil Limited, an Australian-based bottler for The Coca-Cola Company, de-merged its European operations. This resulted in the formation of Coca-Cola Beverages Ltd.
In August 2000 Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. acquired Coca-Cola Beverages Ltd and formed Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. In October 2012, the company announced that it was moving its operational headquarters to Switzerland and would switch its main market listing to London. This was a major blow to the Athens stock market, as Coca-Cola Hellenic was its largest listed company by value. Reasons for the move included better access to financing and a move away from crisis ridden Greece, which had prompted ratings agencies to downgrade its credit over the summer to three notches above "junk" level.
On 29 April 2013 Coca-Cola HBC AG (“CCHBC AG”), the new Swiss holding company, had been admitted to the premium listing segment of the official list of the London Stock Exchange’s main market for listed securities.
On 11 September 2013 Coca-Cola HBC AG announced its inclusion into the FTSE 100 and FTSE All – Share indices. Since 2008, CCHBC AG has been listed in the DJSI and in 2014 worldwide has been named the industry leader among beverage companies.
On 24 July 2014 Coca-Cola HBC AG announced its delisting of its American Depositary Receipts (“ADRs”) from the New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE”), the termination of its ADR programme, and the deregistration and termination of its reporting obligations under the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
The Company is also included in the FTSE4GOOD Index since 2001.
Coca-Cola HBC operates in 28 countries in 3 continents; its well established markets include Greece, Cyprus, the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Austria, Switzerland and Italy, its developing markets include Poland, the Baltic States, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary and Croatia. Its emerging markets include Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Romania, Montenegro, Armenia, Moldova, the Republic of Macedonia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Nigeria.
Coca-Cola HBC's product line includes a diverse range of ready-to-drink non-alcoholic beverages in the sparkling, juice, water, sport, energy, tea and coffee categories.
The company's stock is 23.3% owned by the Kar-Tess Holding (a Luxembourg company) and 23.2% by the Coca-Cola Company. The remaining 53.5% are in free float of which about two-thirds are held by UK and US institutional investors.
- "Service Depantments Info Lines Contact - Coca-Cola HBC". coca-colahellenic.com. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Preliminary Results 2014". Coca-Cola HBC. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Coca-Cola HBC AG Inclusion in the FTSE UK Index Series". coca-colahellenic.com. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Coca-Cola HBC AG named industry leader in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index". coca-colahellenic.com. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- Deborah Ball And Nektaria Stamouli (12 October 2012). "Blow to Greek Stock Market as Biggest Company, Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Leaves - WSJ". WSJ. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Coca-Cola HBC AG Intends to delist from the New York Stock Exchange and deregister its shares with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission". coca-colahellenic.com. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Sustainability ratings". coca-colahellenic.com. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Profile - helex.gr". helex.gr. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Where we Operate". Coca-Cola HBC AG. Retrieved 2013-09-13.
- "nigerianbottlingcompanyplc.com". nigerianbottlingcompanyplc.com. Retrieved 2013-09-13.
- "Shareholder structure". coca-colahellenic.com. Retrieved 15 March 2015.