Holmi or Holmoi (Ancient Greek: Ὅλμοι), or Holmia, also possibly called Hermia, was a Greek town of Cilicia Tracheia with a harbor, a little to the south-west of Seleucia ad Calycadnum. When Seleucia ad Calycadnum was founded, the inhabitants of Holmi migrated there.
- Pliny. Naturalis Historia. 5.22.
- Pseudo Scylax, Periplous, §102
- Strabo, Geography, §14.5.4
- Stephanus of Byzantium, Ethnica, §O490.5
- Richard Talbert, ed. (2000). Barrington Atlas of the Greek and Roman World. Princeton University Press. p. 66, and directory notes accompanying.
- Lund University. Digital Atlas of the Roman Empire.
|This article about a location in ancient Cilicia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This geographical article about a location in Mersin Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|