Paramilitary forces of India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Indian Paramilitary Force)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The term "Paramilitary force" in India has not been defined in any acts or by authorities officially.
- Assam Rifles (AR) - 63,747 personnel (led by Indian Army officers and AR cadre officer reporting to the Ministry of Home Affairs)
- Border Security Force (BSF) - 257,363 personnel
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) - 144,418 personnel
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) - 313,678 personnel
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) - 89,432 personnel
- National Security Guard (NSG) - 7,350 personnel
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) - 76,337 personnel
- Railway Protection Force (RPF) - 75,000 personnel
- "Office Memorandum" (PDF). MHA. MHA, GoI. Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 January 2016. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "For the paramilitary, all's in a new name". www.telegraphindia.com.
- "MHA Annual Report 2016-2017" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 August 2017. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- Assam Rifles official site
- Analysis of the PMF
- An informative article on the PMF
- Global Security article on Border Security Force
|Union home ministry|
|State home departments|
|Central Armed Police Forces|
|State Armed Police Forces|
|Central law enforcement agencies|
|Central intelligence agencies|
|Central investigation agencies|
|State police forces|