Mares (scuba equipment)
|Industry||Diving equipment manufacturer|
Mares is a manufacturer of scuba equipment. Founded in 1949 by Ludovico Mares in Rapallo, Italy, the company initially made diving masks and spearguns. It has since expanded to become one of the largest scuba manufacturers, having merged with US manufacturer Dacor.
The Mares product range includes the following products in the categories separated by the company itself:
- Diving Regulators and Octopus - Both first stage and second stage regulators
- Dive computers
- Instruments - Mares produces compasses, pressure gauges, Personal computer interfaces for their dive computers and watches
- Diving Wear = Their diving wear include Wetsuits, Drysuits and Rash guards
- Diving masks and Snorkels
- Accessories - Their accessories line includes dive torches, knives, Surface marker buoys, diving sportswear, bags, weight belts, hangers, dry boxes etc.
- "Mission - Mares Corporate - Mares - just add water". Mares. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Regulators - Mares - just add water". Mares. Retrieved 2012-11-18.