Performance Freediving International
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||World Headquarters, Stuart, Florida, United States|
Performance Freediving International (PFI) is a freediving training agency founded in 2000 by Kirk Krack. Krack coached World Champion Freedivers, Mandy-Rae Cruickshank and Martin Stepanek. PFI teaches freediving clinics around the world and is involved in both team and athlete development. Since 2004, PFI has hosted DejaBlue, which is an international freediving competition. In July 2019, PFI was purchased by International Training, the owner of companies including Scuba Diving International and Technical Diving International.
In 2008, Cruickshank and Krack trained David Blaine for his appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show in which he stayed underwater for 17 minutes. PFI Team was responsible for the education and training of David Blaine as well as his safety during the whole event acting as support divers. As David ran into problems with his stunt PFI Team members reacted and pulled him out of the sphere.
PFI offers the following courses.
- Introduction to Freediving
- Safe Buddy
- Immediate Freediver
- Advanced Freediver
- Safety Freediver
- Freediver Supervisor
- Assistant Freediver Instructor
- Freediver Instructor
- Assistant Immediate Freediver Instructor
- Immediate Freediver Instructor
- "Kirk Krack". OZTek Conference & Dive Exhibition. Retrieved 8 September 2019.
- Divers Alert Network PFI Going to Cayman for Record Attempts Divers Alert Network 22 February 2005. Retrieved 5 July 2014.[unreliable source?]
- Deeper Blue Get Ready DejaBlue V with Performance Freediving International 2 May 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- Whelan, Stephan (16 July 2019). "Breaking: SDI/TDI Announce Acquisition Of Performance Freediving International". deeperblue.net limited. Retrieved 7 September 2019.
- Allen, Greg. "Risky Sport of Free Diving Making a Bigger Splash", NPR, June 21, 2008.
- "Find the course that's right for you". Performance Freediving International. International Training. Retrieved 8 September 2019.