The scuba equipment manufacturer AP Diving or Ambient Pressure Diving, formerly known as A.P.Valves, is at Water-Ma-Trout in Helston in Cornwall in England. They produce a range of scuba and surface supplied diving equipment including buoyancy compensator jackets and the Inspiration diving rebreather range. Their products are very popular in Britain.
The firm started in 1969 making a valve to allow a diver to breathe from a stabiliser jacket buoyancy compensator's inflation cylinder. They progressed to making divers' adjustable buoyancy life-jackets and stabiliser jackets, and then other diving equipment such as rebreathers. and diving accessories etc.
They often exhibit at diving trade shows.
- "Inspiration" rebreathers have been in production since 1997. The earliest model, now known as the Inspiration classic, reached the end of its product support life in April 2017 after 20 years. It has been superseded by more recent models using different electronic control systems, which are backwards compatible with the original architecture.
- "Buddy" and "Commando" - recreational and military scuba buoyancy compensators.
- "Mk IV Jump Jacket" - a buoyancy compensator designed for use with surface supplied diving equipment.
- Staff. "Key milestones in BSAC's history: 2001 - rebreather go-ahead". www.bsac.com. British Sub-Aqua Club. Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- Staff (21 November 2016). "Upcoming events". AP Diving. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- Staff. "Inspiration rebreathers". Dive Inspiration. AP Valves. Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- Staff (5 April 2017). "Product announcement - Inspiration Classic Electronics - End of Product Life – April 2017". AP Diving News. AP Diving. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
- Staff. "The Commando: a jacket with a proud military history". Military and commercial. AP Diving. Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- Staff. "The mark IV jump jacket". Military & commercial. AP Diving. Retrieved 27 May 2017.
- Rosemary E Lunn  X-Ray Magazine
|This diving-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|