(Redirected from Number 555)
This article does not cite any sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cardinal||five hundred fifty-five|
(five hundred fifty-fifth)
|Factorization||3 × 5 × 37|
It is a sphenic number.
- 555 timer IC, a classic integrated circuit chip that has numerous timer and multivibrator applications, and historically widely used in electronics
Five hundred [and] fifty five is:
- The years AD 555 and 555 BC.
- The telephone exchange for fictitious phone numbers in US movies and video games—see 555 (telephone number) and North American Numbering Plan.
- The number of keyboard sonatas written by Domenico Scarlatti, according to the catalog by Ralph Kirkpatrick.
- A musical piece by Frank Zappa (Five-Five-FIVE). It refers to the time signature of the composition (5/8 - 5/8 - 5/4).
- The Thai version of lol in a text conversation. "5" in Thai is pronounced "ha", so three of them would be "hahaha."
- "5" in Mandarin Chinese is pronounced "wu" so three together would be "wuwuwu", which sounds somewhat like sobbing.
- The approximate height of the Washington Monument in feet.
- Adolf Hitler's membership number in the Deutsche Arbeiterpartei (DAP). He was the 55th member; the founders began the register with number 501, to make it appear that there were many more people in the party ranks than actually were members.
- The Greek gematrical equivalent to the word Necronomicon, according to Simon.
- Kamen Rider 555, a Japanese tokusatsu TV series, where "555" is read as "Φ's", "Phi's", or "Faiz".
- A common abbreviation of State Express 555, a cigarette brand owned by British American Tobacco.
- 5:55 (pronounced in English "five fifty-five") is the second album by French musician and actress Charlotte Gainsbourg. "5:55" is also the first song on this album.
- Padova Rugby 555 ASD is an Italian non-professional rugby union team.
- The band Phish has a song called '555' on their album Fuego.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 555 (number).|