|Private joint venture|
|Founded||July 2003 (Wuhan)|
|Headquarters||Wuhan, Hubei, China|
|Parent||Dongfeng Motor Corporation (50%)
Honda Motor Company (50%)
Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co., Ltd. (东风本田汽车有限公司) is an automobile manufacturing company headquartered in Wuhan, China and a 50:50 joint-venture between Dongfeng Motor Corporation and Honda Motor Company. It currently produces the Honda Civic, Honda CR-V and Honda Spirior for sale in China.
Dongfeng Honda was established in July 2003 with a registered capital of US$200 million. Dongfeng Honda began automobile production in April 2004, with the Honda CR-V sport utility vehicle initially its only product.
In February 2006 Dongfeng Honda completed a 2.8 billion yuan (US$ 340 million) expansion of its production facilities, quadrupling production capacity to 120,000 units.
Dongfeng Honda has an assembly plant in Wuhan, Hubei. The plant size is around 181,000 square metres and has a total work force of around 2,800.
The plant includes welding, painting and vehicle testing facilities. Dongfeng Honda also has an engine production plant.
Dongfeng Honda currently manufactures the following vehicles:
- the Honda Civic;
- the Honda CR-V;
- the Honda Spirior; and
- the Honda Elysion; and
- the Honda Jade; and
- the Honda XR-V
- In Japan the name of the company is usually written as 東風ホンダ, which surges from the combination of the two kanji forming the word "Dongfeng" in Chinese and the katakana for Honda.
- "Dongfeng Honda targets double output in 5 years". China.org. 7 April 2008. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Honda Opens New China Factory to Keep Ahead of Toyota". Bloomberg. 19 September 2006. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Honda seeking approval to double China JV capacity". Reuters. 22 May 2008. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Honda to boost China capacity by 20 pct - Nikkei". Reuters. 8 May 2008. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Honda's strategic move: Acura-based sporty car". China Daily. 10 August 2009. Retrieved 20 April 2012.