Kim A. Williams
Kim A. Williams
|Alma mater||University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine|
|Occupation||Doctor, Professor, Cardiovascular health, Prevention of cardiovascular disease|
|Employer||President elect, American College of Cardiology|
Kim Allan Williams Sr. (born 1954) is an American cardiologist. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and served as its president from 2015 to 2016. He is currently a trustee of the organization.
He has board certifications in internal medicine, cardiovascular diseases, nuclear medicine, nuclear cardiology, and cardiovascular computed tomography. He has served on the faculty of the Pritzker School of Medicine, the Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan, and since 2013 at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, where he is the head of the cardiology department.
Williams has served as president of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, chairman of the Coalition of Cardiovascular Organizations, and chairman of the board of the Association of Black Cardiologists, among other positions.
Williams has been vegan since 2003; after being selected as incoming president of the American College of Cardiology in 2014, he published an essay on his reasons for being vegan and his belief in the cardiovascular benefits of veganism in MedPage Today. Some questioned his views and motives for writing the essay, but Williams maintained that his enthusiasm for plant-based diets was based on his interpretation of medical literature and his own experience lowering his cholesterol by removing dairy and animal protein.
- "Heal Thyself", Jason Kelly, The University of Chicago Magazine, Jan/Feb 2015
- Phend, Crystal (April 14, 2014). "10 Questions: Kim Williams, MD". MedPage Today.
- LinkedIn profile for Dr. Kim Williams
- Rush Medical College articles about Dr. Kim Williams
- O'Connor, Anahad (2014-08-06). "Advice From a Vegan Cardiologist". Well. Retrieved 2020-11-25.
- Advice From a Vegan Cardiologist, Anahad O'Connor, August 6, 2014, NY Times "Well" blog
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Kim A. Williams|