List of grape dishes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of notable grape dishes and foods that are prepared using grapes as a primary ingredient. Raisin dishes and foods are also included in this article.
Grape dishes and foods
- Churchkhela – grape must is a main ingredient
- Grape ice cream – ice cream with a grape flavor, some recipes use grape juice in its preparation.
- Grape leaves – the leaves of the grapevine plant, which are used in the cuisines of a number of cultures
- Grape pie – a pie with grape filling.
- Grape seed oil – oil pressed from the seeds of grapes.
- Grape syrup – a thick and sweet condiment made with concentrated grape juice
- Moustalevria – a traditional Greek kind of pudding made of grape must mixed with flour and boiled until thick.
- Torta Bertolina – a typical autumnal dessert from the northern Italian town of Crema presented in a round shape, but it is often available cut into slices. It has a golden brown hue and the fragrance of the small American or Concord grapes, which are one of its main ingredients.
- Vincotto – a dark, sweet, thick paste made by the slow cooking of grapes
Raisin dishes and foods
- Chocolate-covered raisin
- Oatmeal raisin cookie
- Raisin bread – A type of bread made with raisins and flavored with cinnamon.
- Raisin cake
- Sultana (grape)
- White raisins
- Zante currant
- The Great Southern Food Festival Cookbook - Mindy Henderson
- American Profile Hometown Cookbook: A Celebration of America's Table. p. 313.
- Aizpurua-Olaizola, Oier; Ormazabal, Markel; Vallejo, Asier; Olivares, Maitane; Navarro, Patricia; Etxebarria, Nestor; Usobiaga, Aresatz (2015-01-01). "Optimization of Supercritical Fluid Consecutive Extractions of Fatty Acids and Polyphenols from Vitis Vinifera Grape Wastes". Journal of Food Science. 80 (1): E101–E107. doi:10.1111/1750-3841.12715. PMID 25471637.
- "Vincotto". Retrieved 18 September 2018.
- Dom Costello. "Kew Gardens explanation". Kew.org. Archived from the original on 5 September 2012. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- Mark Bricklin, ed. (1994). Prevention Magazine's Nutrition Advisor: The Ultimate Guide to the Health-Boosting and Health-Harming Factors in Your Diet. Rodale. p. 80. ISBN 978-0-87596-225-2.
- Media related to Grapes as food at Wikimedia Commons