A sandwich cookie, also known as a sandwich biscuit, is a type of cookie made from two thin cookies or medium cookies with a filling between them. Many types of fillings are used, such as cream, ganache, buttercream, chocolate, cream cheese, jam, peanut butter, lemon curd, or ice cream.
- Bourbon biscuit, thin rectangular dark chocolate-flavoured biscuits with a chocolate buttercream filling
- Custard cream, creamy, custard-flavoured centre between flat biscuits
- E.L. Fudge Cookies, butter-flavoured shortbread cookies with a fudge creme filling
- Happy Faces, shortcake with a raspberry jam and cream filling
- Hydrox, creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookie manufactured by Leaf Brands
- Ice cream sandwich, frozen dessert consisting of ice cream between two wafers, cookies, or other similar biscuit
- Chipwich, ice cream sandwich made of ice cream between two chocolate chip cookies and rolled in chocolate chips
- Jammie Dodgers, shortbread with a raspberry or strawberry flavoured jam filling
- Macaron, sweet meringue-based confection
- Maple leaf cream cookies, maple leaf-shaped cookies with maple cream filling
- Milano (cookie), thin layer of chocolate sandwiched between two biscuit cookies
- Monte Carlo (biscuit), sweet biscuits sandwiching a creamy filling
- Moon Pie, marshmallow sandwiched between two graham cracker cookies and dipped in a flavoured coating
- Nutter Butter, peanut-shaped cookies with a peanut butter filling
- Nutty Bars, wafers with peanut butter and covered in chocolate
- Oreo, a line of sandwich cookies—most notably a creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookie modelled after Hydrox manufactured by Mondelez International
- Prince de LU, biscuits with chocolate cream
- SnackWell's creme sandwich, an oblong fat-free cookie
- Tim Tam, malted biscuit cookies with a chocolate cream filling, with a chocolate coating
- Wafer, a crisp, often sweet, very thin, flat, and dry biscuit
- Wagon Wheels, biscuits with marshmallow filling, covered in a chocolate
- Whoopie pie, round, mound-shaped pieces of cake with a sweet, creamy filling
- Oatmeal Creme Pie, hand mounded oatmeal cookies with a creme filling
- Apple, Charles. "The Spokesman-Review". Retrieved 5 November 2021.
- AARP Betty Crocker Cookbook, 11th Edition - Betty Crocker. pp. 186-187.
- Sandwich Cookie Recipes
- Sandwich Cookbook – Larry Randle. pp. 460-461.
- Ms Cupcake: The Naughtiest Vegan Cakes in Town - Mellissa Morgan. p. 120.
- Media related to Sandwich cookie at Wikimedia Commons