Domino's Pizza Enterprises
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
People Powered Pizza
|Traded as||ASX: DMP|
|Founded||Springwood, Queensland, Australia (1983)|
Number of locations
|1,500+ across Australasia Europe and Japan|
|Don Meij, CEO & MD|
|Revenue||A$588.7 million (2013/2014)|
|A$45.3 million (2013/2014)|
Number of employees
Domino's Pizza Enterprises Limited (DPE) is the largest pizza chain in Australia in terms of network store numbers and network sales, as well as the largest franchisee for the Domino’s Pizza brand in the world. DPE is the exclusive master franchise for the Domino’s brand network in Australia, New Zealand, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, the Principality of Monaco, Japan and Germany. Across these markets, DPE has over 1900 stores. In May 2005 DPE became the first publicly listed pizza company in Australia.
In February 2017, The Sydney Morning Herald reported profitability problems with a number of franchises and that a number of Dominos stores in Australia had engaged in widespread underpayment of wages and deliberate underpayment of penalties.
In 1960, Tom and James Monaghan purchased DomiNick’s pizza store in Michigan, United States. After eight months of trade James traded in his share of the business for a Volkswagen Beetle and forbade Tom from using the DomiNick’s name; and so the Domino’s name was born. The three dots in the logo represent the three original Domino’s stores, with a dot to be added for each additional store; this idea was dropped when the business experienced rapid growth
The first Domino’s store to open in Australia was in Springwood, Queensland, in 1983, and was the first pizza maker in Australia to offer home delivery. The Australian and New Zealand Master Franchise was bought by Silvio’s Dial-a-Pizza in 1993 and in 1995 the two brands merged and rebranded as Domino’s Pizza.
Domino's New Zealand was the first to introduce drone-delivery pizza in November 2016, partnering with Flirtey Drone Delivery.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 1983: First Domino’s store opened in Australia.
- 1993: Silvio's Dial-a-Pizza bought Domino’s Pizza.
- 1995: Silvio's Dial-a-Pizza was merged into Domino's Pizza.
- 1997: Domino's established the Domino's Partners Foundation.
- 2000: Silvio's Dial-a-Pizza was renamed Domino's Pizza Australia.
- 2001: Don Meij and Grant Bourke, the two largest franchisees at the time, merged their stores into the corporate store network to bring the total to 50 corporate stores and 128 franchised stores.
- 2003: Domino's expanded into new markets in Victoria, Australia, and Wellington, New Zealand.
- 2005: Domino's listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, becoming the first publicly listed Australian pizza company.
- 2006: Domino's purchased existing Domino's operations in France, Belgium, the Netherlands and the principality of Monaco.
- 2009: Domino's Australia launched an application for iPhone.
- 2010: Domino's opened its 300th European store in Pessac, France.
- 2011: An online ordering mobile website was launched, as well as an application for Android ordering. Domino’s hit 200,000 Facebook fans
- 2014: Domino's launched Pizza Mogul, a initiative set to change the future of the pizza industry landscape.
- 2015: Domino's launched GPS Driver Tracker, which allows customers track their order from the store.
- 2016: Domino's launches the world first autonomous delivery vehicle, DRU or Domino's Robotic Unit.
- 2016: Domino's partnered with Australian startup Tanda to overhaul workforce management.
- "About Domino's". 24 November 2015.
- "2014 Annual Report". Retrieved 19 June 2015.
-  - dominos.com.au 24 November 2015
- Ferguson, Adele. "The Domino's Effect". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "The Deliverer" Boyer, Peter J. The New Yorker (February 19, 2007). Retrieved August 31, 2009
- "Tom Monaghan Domino's Pizza". CNNMoney. Cable News Network. Retrieved 2003-09-01.
- "Domino's NZ Drone Delivery". Domino's Pizza New Zealand. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "History". Domino's Pizza Enterprises. 2015. Retrieved March 2, 2017.
- Foster, Sophie (1 June 2013). "Domino's managing director Don Meij made the transition from delivery driver to Domino's managing director". The Courier-Mail. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "DMP.AX Annual Report 2008". Domino's Pizza Enterprises Limited. July 2008. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "Grant Bourke". Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- Khadem, Nassim (11 July 2013). "Domino's launches 500th Australian store and revamps digital ordering system". The Australian Financial Review. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- Budmar, Patrick (13 May 2013). "Domino's Australia users prefer iPhone app". ARN. International Data Group. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "Domino's Pizzas makes it 300 stores in Europe". Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Domino's launches new online ordering website". Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Domino's launches Pizza Mogul". Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Domino's deliveries on right track". Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Domino's launches the world first autonomous delivery vehicle". Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Domino's partners with Australian startup, Tanda". Retrieved 8 September 2016.