|CompTox Dashboard (EPA)|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||313.391 g/mol g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
|(what is this?)|
Esreboxetine is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor which was under development by Pfizer for the treatment of neuropathic pain and fibromyalgia but failed to show significant benefit over currently available medications and was discontinued. It is the (S,S)-(+)-enantiomer of reboxetine and is even more selective in comparison.
However, recently it has been shown that esreboxetine could be effective in fibromyalgia patients.
- Matilda Bingham; Napier, Susan Jolliffe (2009). Transporters as Targets for Drugs (Topics in Medicinal Chemistry). Berlin: Springer. ISBN 978-3-540-87911-4.
- Rao SG (October 2009). "Current progress in the pharmacological therapy of fibromyalgia". Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs. 18 (10): 1479–93. doi:10.1517/13543780903203771. PMID 19732029.
- "Search of: esreboxetine - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov".
- "Musculoskeletal Report: Pfizer Stops Work on Esreboxetine for FM".
- Fish, P. V.; MacKenny, M.; Bish, G.; Buxton, T.; Cave, R.; Drouard, D.; Hoople, D.; Jessiman, A.; Miller, D.; Pasquinet, C.; Patel, B.; Reeves, K.; Ryckmans, T.; Skerten, M.; Wakenhut, F. (2009). "Enantioselective synthesis of (R)- and (S)-N-Boc-morpholine-2-carboxylic acids by enzyme-catalyzed kinetic resolution: application to the synthesis of reboxetine analogs". Tetrahedron Letters. 50 (4): 389. doi:10.1016/j.tetlet.2008.11.025.
- Arnold, L. M., Hirsch, I., Sanders, P., Ellis, A. and Hughes, B. (2012), Safety and efficacy of esreboxetine in patients with fibromyalgia: A fourteen-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter clinical trial. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64: 2387–2397. doi: 10.1002/art.34390
|This analgesic-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|