Chennai Aero Park
Coordinates: Chennai Aero Park is a proposed aerospace industrial park in Chennai, India. The proposal is supported by the Confederation of Indian Industry, and it is estimated that the park will take up 4,000 acres (16 km2) of land and create more than 100,000 jobs. The Park would attract global players and engage in the design, manufacture and maintenance of all types of aircraft for both civil and military programmes, including training and education.
With the objective of creating an integrated ecosystem for Aerospace Industry development covering design, engineering, manufacturing, servicing and maintenance of aircraft for civil and defence sector in Tamil Nadu, TIDCO is establishing an Aerospace components’ manufacturing park for aerospace industry in Sriperumbudhur (Chennai) in an area of around 250 acres( expandable to 700 acres). The developed plots in sizes of 1 acre, 2 acres, 5 acres, 10 acres, etc in the park will be offered to the aerospace companies. This park will have the following facilities.
1. Metal/composite manufacturing facilities
2. Technology and IT services
4. Assembly facilities and maintenance facilities
5. Training and R&D
The park will have developed industrial plot in the utilities like power and water and facilitate the building of communication, connectivity and social infrastructures to suit to specific needs of the park. The road connectivity will be developed to the aerospace Park.
List of Companies that have been allotted land:
M/s Bhastrik Mechanical Labs Pvt. Ltd.
M/s Balaa Works
M/s Balaa HAR Conn Aerospace Services Pvt. Ltd.
M/s Metallic Bellows (India) Pvt. Ltd.
M/s Metalscan Inspection Services
M/s Intigle Technologies India Private Limited
M/s Despat Pvt. Ltd.
M/s Centroid Design Pvt. Ltd.
M/s Vinmn Aerospace Pvt. Ltd.
M/s Techware Systems Pvt. Ltd. (formerly Known as Lab Electronics Pvt. Ltd.)
M/s Industrial NDT Inspection Co.
- "Chennai aerospace park to give fillip to industry". Business Standard. September 16, 2008. Retrieved 2009-11-01.
- "Chennai Aero Park can create 1-lakh jobs". Indian Aviation News. September 13, 2008. Retrieved 2009-09-11.
- "India Eyes Offset Components Opportunties [sic]". AIN online. June 19, 2015. Retrieved 2015-06-19.
- "Boeing delegation assures to recommend TN to its suppliers". Business Standard. February 14, 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-27.
- "Multinationals start booking space at aerospace park near Chennai". The Hindu Business Line. November 20, 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-27.
- "Rs 1,015 Cr Investment for Aerospace Park". New Indian Express. June 27, 2015. Retrieved 2015-06-27.
- "Separate policies could spur investment in TN: industry". The Hindu. September 12, 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-12.
- "Aerospace park plan gets going, 12 firms given nod". Times of India. August 18, 2015. Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- "Indian Chennai Aerospace park likely to begin construction in January 2016". The Manufacturer. September 14, 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-14.
- , Official website of Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation Limited, Aero Park
- , Download link about Aerospace Advantages in Tamil Nadu
- , NDA government's MAKE IN INDIA policy for Aviation
- , Indigenization of production for defence sector in India
- , Reference to Defence Offset Requirements in India
|This article about an Indian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about aviation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|