|Nickname(s): Vada Kanchi (North Kancheepuram)|
|• Type||Town Panchayat|
|Elevation||11 m (36 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Website Launching On 1 January 2018|
Minjur located in North Chennai. Minjur is called 'Vada Kanchi' for North Kanchipuram. The town has two famous temples for Siva and Vishu, similar to Kanchipuram. The neighbourhood is served by Minjur railway station of the Chennai Suburban Railway Network.
Minjur is located at  It has an average elevation of 11 metres (36 feet). With Ponneri as its north, Cholavaram as its west, Manali New Town, Manali and Thiruvottiyur as its south, it is situated about 25 km from north of Chennai and well connected to that city with roadways and railways..
Minjur is a well-developed town which comprises more than 20 villages around it with most villages underdeveloped in terms of roads, schools, and other amenaties. Minjur belongs to Ponneri taluk.
As of 2001[update] India census, Minjur had a population of 23,947. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Minjur has an average literacy rate of 77%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 84%, and female literacy is 71%. In Minjur, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age. Almost half the population dwells near and around Ponneri as almost all state government offices, magistrate, registrar office, and major banks are located at Ponneri. Minjur has a major vegetables market for people below the poverty line in the nearby villages. Minjur has also been a key residential area for many years for the Union Employees of Hinduja Group Companies located in Ennore and Tamil Nadu Electricity board Employees.
- Kamatchi Ekambaranathar Koil - situated in centre part of Minjur town.
- Lord Shiva Temple
- Minjur Varadaraja Perumal
- Devadhanam Ranganathar Perumal Koil (5 km from North of Minjur in a small village named Devadhanam)on the way to "Neithavoyal".
- Sri Panjamuga Gayathri Temple (Minjur to Kattur road 3 km distance in Neithavoyal)
- Arulmigu Muppathamman Temple - Grama Devadai.
- Arulmigu Ayyappa Temple
- Anchunayar Temple
- Pachai Amman Temple
- Kulakarai Vinagayar Temple
- Thirumanangeeswarar Temple -Thiruvudai Amman Temple (Ichcha Shakti) - 2 km from Minjur
- Ellaiamman Temple
- Mangalambikai Amman Temple
- Sai Baba Temple - In Padmavathy Nagar
- Sri Venugopalswamy Bajanai Mandhir, Venkata Reddy Palayam
- Sri Varasitthi Vinayagar Temple, Venkata Reddy Palayam
- Sri Karumari Amman Temple, Lakshmipuram 1st colony
- Thai Moogambigai Temple, Ramana Nagar, B. D. Office
- Sri Nagamallieswarar Sornambigai Temple, Nallur village
- Sri Selva Vinagayar Temple, Nallur village
- Sri Lakshmi Amman Temple, Nallur village
- Sri Angala Amman Temple, Nallur village
- Amudha Bala Abhirami Amman Temple, Balaji nagar
- Sri Saelur Amman Temple, Nallur village
- Semmavaram Jjalgandesawara Swamy Temple
Minjur is one of the suburban places of Chennai which is highly growing in terms of Education, Industrialization, and Agriculture, which are expanding by leaps and bounds. Minjur, in its land area, is twice the size of Thiruvottiyur and thrice that of Ponneri which is very much near to Minjur.
- "Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Minjur". Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Minjur desalination plant inauguration today". The Hindu. 31 July 2010. Retrieved 4 June 2018.