|• Total||28.50 km2 (11.00 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,200/km2 (5,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||TN 12 (RTO, Poonamallee)|
Thiruverkadu (Tamil: [ திருவேற்காடு ]; literally 'a forest of holy herbs and roots') is a Southern suburb of Thiruvallur, Tamil Nadu. It comes under Thiruvallur district administration. It is famous for its Devi Karumariamman Temple. There is also Vedapureeswarar Temple in Thiruverkadu, where Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathi are seen in their wedding pose inside the sanctum sanctorum. As of 2011, the town had a population of 62,289.
According to 2011 census, Tiruverkadu had a population of 62,824 with a sex-ratio of 977 females for every 1,000 males, much above the national average of 929. A total of 7,189 were under the age of six, constituting 3,617 males and 3,572 females. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes accounted for 22.86% and 0.37% of the population respectively. The average literacy of the town was 74.35%, compared to the national average of 72.99%. The town had a total of 15,863 households. There were a total of 25,245 workers, comprising 138 cultivators, 210 main agricultural labourers, 628 in house hold industries, 21,770 other workers, 2,499 marginal workers, 57 marginal cultivators, 81 marginal agricultural labourers, 156 marginal workers in household industries and 2,205 other marginal workers. As per the religious census of 2011, Tiruverkadu (M + OG) had 93.17% Hindus, 1.36% Muslims, 4.98% Christians, 0.04% Sikhs, 0.05% Buddhists, 0.04% Jains, 0.33% following other religions and 0.03% following no religion or did not indicate any religious preference.
The town is located 2 km from Chennai Bangalore highway NH4 and 1.5 km from Avadi Poonamalle road SH55. The town is 10 km from Chennai Metropolitan Bus Terminus CMBT. Nearby towns include Porur, Kattupakkam, Iyyapantangal, Kumananchavadi, Karayanchavadi, Poonamalle, Paruthipattu, Ayapakkam, Ambattur, Vaangaram and Maduravoyal.
Thiruverkadu is governed by Municipality of Thiruverkadu, coming under the Thiruvallur district. Thiruverkadu is selection grade Municipality. Thiruverkadu Municipality includes area of Thiruverkadu, Koladi, Ayanambakkam, Velapanchavadi, Veeraraghavapuram, and Noombal. Thiruverkadu Municipality is situated in the West Chennai of Tamil Nadu in Thiruvallur District. This town is surrounded with infrastructural facilities and it is near to visit Chennai Metropolitan Bus Terminal. The town's police comes directly under Chennai Metropolitan Police departments..
RTO: Thiruverkadu comes under RTO-POONAMALEE(TN-12). Previously it was under Tiruvallur RTO(TN20).
Thiruverkadu is easily accessible from most parts of the city by bus. The Thiruverkadu bus terminus provides services to Tnagar, Tambaram, Vadapalani, Iyapantangal, Ambattur Estate, Villivakkam, Perambur, Vallalar Nagar, Thiruvotriyur, Broadway, Annasquare, Mangadu, Velachery, Kunnam.
|150||Broadway||Avadi||Central, Aminjikarai, Arumbakkam, Koyambedu, Maduravoyal, Thiruverkadu, Paruthipattu|
|159||Thiruverkadu||Thiruvotriyur||Maduravoyal, Nerkundram, Koyambedu, Arumbakkam, Aminjikarai, Kilpauk, Purasawakkam, Mint|
|63||Thiruverkadu||Villivakkam||Koladi, Ayapakkam, Ambattur Estate, Padi|
|S24||Thiruverkadu||Iyyapanthangal||Vaanagaram, Chettiyar Agaram, Srmc|
|27B Extn||Thiruverkadu||Anna Square||Maduravoyal, Koyambedu, Arumbakkam, Aminjikarai, Egmore, Anna Salai, Triplicane|
|72||Thiruverkadu||T.Nagar||Maduravoyal, Cmbt, Vadapalani, Kodambakkam|
|29E||Thiruverkadu||Perambur||Maduravoyal, Koyambedu, Aminjikarai, Kilpauk, Jamalia, Otteri|
|50||Thiruverkadu||Broadway||Maduravoyal, Koyambedu, Aminjikarai, Central|
|T553||Thiruverkadu||Kunnam||Kumananchavadi, Karayanchavadi, Poonamalle, Sriperumbudur|
|53S||Cmbt||Pattabiram||Maduravoyal, Thiruverkadu, Paruthipattu, Avadi|
|59||Thiruverkadu||V.Nagar||Maduravoyal, Koyambedu, Aminjikarai, Purasaiwakkam, Choolai, Regal|
|S59||Thiruverkadu||Mangadu||Acs medical college, Saveetha, Kattupakkam|
|111||Thiruverkadu||Tambaram||Maduravoyal, Cmbt, Vadapalani, Airport, Pallavaram|
|D170||Thiruverkadu||Velachery||Maduravoyal, Cmbt, Vadapalani, Guindy|
- Government higher secondary schools
- Government primary schools
- The Pupil Saveetha Eco School
- RMK CBSE School
- Sri Annai Vidhyashram Matric Higher Secondary School
- Ramakrishna Vidya Niketan higher secondary school
- S.K.D.J higher secondary school
- Saraswathi matriculation higher secondary school
- Maharishi School of Excellence Senior Secondary
- Janet Matriculation school
- S.A Engineering College
- S.A Polytechnic College
- Mahalakshmi College Of Arts and Science
- Sindhi College Of Arts and Science
- Shenbaga Nursing College
- Gayathri General Hospital And College
- ACS Medical College and Hospital
- Saveetha Dental University
- Saveetha law college
- There are Two big temples and many small temples are located in Thiruverkadu. The main temples are Sridevi Karumari Amman Temple which is located at the center of thiruverkadu and very near from thiruverkadu Bus stand.
- Sri Vedapureeswarar Temple is another big temple where Lord Shiva is the main god which located one kilometre from thiruverkadu Bus stand (near cooum river bank).
- Rotary club clinic, sannathi street
- Gayathri hospital, Mgr nagar
- Abhishek hospital
- Government primary health centre, veeraraghavapuram
- Saveetha Dental University, Velappanchavadi
- ACS Medical College and Hospital, Velappanchavadi
- Dr Mehtha's hospital, Velappanchavadi
- Aravind eye hospital
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals - Tiruverkadu". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Population By Religious Community - Tamil Nadu" (XLS). Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011. Retrieved 13 September 2015.