|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Tiruverkadu (or Thiruverkadu or TVK) (literally meaning A forest of holy herbs and roots) is a western suburb of Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It comes under Thiruvallur district administration. It is famous for its Devi Karumariamman Temple. There is also Vedapureeswarar Temple in Thiruverkadu, where Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathi are seen in their wedding pose inside the sanctum sanctorum. As of 2011, the town had a population of 62,824.
According to 2011 census, Tiruverkadu had a population of 62,824 with a sex-ratio of 977 females for every 1,000 males, much above the national average of 929. A total of 7,189 were under the age of six, constituting 3,617 males and 3,572 females. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes accounted for 22.86% and .37% of the population respectively. The average literacy of the town was 74.35%, compared to the national average of 72.99%. The town had a total of 15863 households. There were a total of 25,245 workers, comprising 138 cultivators, 210 main agricultural labourers, 628 in house hold industries, 21,770 other workers, 2,499 marginal workers, 57 marginal cultivators, 81 marginal agricultural labourers, 156 marginal workers in household industries and 2,205 other marginal workers. As per the religious census of 2011, Tiruverkadu (M + OG) had 93.17% Hindus, 1.36% Muslims, 4.98% Christians, 0.04% Sikhs, 0.05% Buddhists, 0.04% Jains, 0.33% following other religions and 0.03% following no religion or did not indicate any religious preference.
The town is located 2 km from Chennai Bangalore highway NH4 and 1.5 km from Avadi Poonamalle road SH55. The town is 10 km from Chennai Metropolitan Bus Terminus CMBT. Nearby towns include Porur, Kattupakkam, Iyyapantangal, Kumananchavadi, Karayanchavadi, Poonamalle, Paruthipattu, Ayapakkam, Ambattur, Vaangaram and Maduravoyal.
Thiruverkadu is governed by Municipality of Thiruverkadu, coming under the Thiruvallur district. Thiruverkadu is selection grade Municipality. Thiruverkadu Municipality includes area of Thiruverkadu, Koladi, Ayanambakkam, Velapanchavadi, Veeraraghavapuram, and Noombal.Thiruverkadu Municipality is situated in the West Chennai of Tamil Nadu in Thiruvallur District. This town is surrounded with infrastructural facilities and it is near to visit Chennai Metropolitan Bus Terminal.The town's police comes directly under Chennai Metropolitan Police departments..
RTO: Thiruverkadu comes under RTO-POONAMALEE(TN-12). Previously it was under Tiruvallur RTO(TN20).
Thiruverkadu is easily accessible from most parts of the city by bus. The Thiruverkadu bus terminus provides services to Tnagar, Tambaram, Vadapalani, Iyapantangal, Ambattur Estate, Villivakkam, Perambur, Vallalar Nagar, Thiruvotriyur, Broadway, Annasquare, Mangadu, Velachery, Kunnam.
|150||Broadway||Avadi||Central, Aminjikarai, Arumbakkam, Koyambedu, Maduravoyal, Thiruverkadu, Paruthipattu|
|159||Thiruverkadu||Thiruvotriyur||Maduravoyal, Nerkundram, Koyambedu, Arumbakkam, Aminjikarai, Kilpauk, Purasawakkam, Mint|
|20D||Thiruverkadu||Ambattur Estate||Vaanagaram, Ayanambakkam|
|20K||Thiruverkadu||Ambattur Estate||Koladi, Ayapakkam, Ambattur|
|63T||Thiruverkadu||Villivakkam||Koladi, Ayapakkam, Ambattur Estate, Padi|
|S24||Thiruverkadu||Iyyapanthangal||Vaanagaram, Chettiyar Agaram, Srmc|
|27B Extn||Thiruverkadu||Anna Square||Maduravoyal, Koyambedu, Arumbakkam, Aminjikarai, Egmore, Anna Salai, Triplicane|
|27C||Thiruverkadu||T.Nagar||Maduravoyal, Cmbt, Vadapalani, Kodambakkam|
|29E||Thiruverkadu||Perambur||Maduravoyal, Koyambedu, Aminjikarai, Kilpauk, Jamalia, Otteri|
|49G||Thiruverkadu||T.Nagar||Vaanagaram, Porur, Ramapuram, Saidapet|
|50||Thiruverkadu||Broadway||Maduravoyal, Koyambedu, Aminjikarai, Central|
|T553||Thiruverkadu||Kunnam||Kumananchavadi, Karayanchavadi, Poonamalle, Sriperumbudur|
|53S||Cmbt||Pattabiram||Maduravoyal, Thiruverkadu, Paruthipattu, Avadi|
|59||Thiruverkadu||V.Nagar||Maduravoyal, Koyambedu, Aminjikarai, Purasaiwakkam, Choolai, Regal|
|S59||Thiruverkadu||Mangadu||Acs medical college, Saveetha, Kattupakkam|
|111||Thiruverkadu||Tambaram||Maduravoyal, Cmbt, Vadapalani, Airport, Pallavaram|
|D170||Thiruverkadu||Velachery||Maduravoyal, Cmbt, Vadapalani, Guindy|
Via Avadi-Poonamalle Road Politics
Thiruverkadu comes under avadi legislative assembly.
- Maharishi School of Excellence (MSoE - CBSE), Pallavan Nagar & MGR Nagar
- Saraswathi Vidhyalaya Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Ramakrishna Vidya Niketan higher Secondary School
- RMK school
- SKDJ higher secondary School
- Sri Annai Vidyashram Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Sabari School
- Janet Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Pallavan Nagar & MGR Nagar
- Govt Higher Secondary School
- Sudharsanam Vidyashram
- Annai Therasa Matriculation School.
- Ballelakha SuperStars Higher Secondary School
- Noombal Baahubali Higher Secondary School
- Rocky Balboa Higher Secondary School
- S.A Engineering College
- Sindhi College Of Arts and Science
- Shenbaga Nursing College.
- Saveetha Law College
- Kalai Selvi College of Arts and Science
- Kalai Institute of Technology
- Latha und Smitha Engineering College
- VGN Temple Town - http://www.vgn.in/project/temple_town.
- ALPHA TULIP APARTMENT_THAMBU SAMY NAGAR_1ST_STREET_BSNL_TELEPHONE_EXCHANGE
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Census Info 2011 Final population totals - Tiruverkadu". Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Population By Religious Community - Tamil Nadu" (XLS). Office of The Registrar General and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011. Retrieved 13 September 2015.