Beijing Capital Airlines
|Founded||1995 (as Deer Jet Airlines)|
|Parent company||Hainan Airlines (70%)|
|Key people||Zhang Kui (CEO)|
The company was established in 1995 as Deer Jet Airlines (Chinese: 金鹿航空; pinyin: Jīnlù Hángkōng). In 1998, it began offering international services under the Deer Air branding. In October 2007, it received its first Airbus A319 and began returning the formerly operated Boeing 737s. Deer Jet began providing charter services in December 2008 using a fleet of A319s and corporate jets. The airline was authorized by the Civil Aviation Administration of China to operate scheduled air services in 2009.
On 2 April 2010, Beijing Capital Airlines CO., LTD. launched its first service, based in Beijing Capital International Airport. Deer Jet Airlines was divided into two companies on May 4, 2010. While the charter operation has kept the Deer Jet branding, scheduled operations using Airbus aircraft were renamed Capital Airlines. Capital Airlines operates mainly in China (including Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan), focusing on international air passenger service and cargo transport operations.
Since 2015, long haul flights between China and other cities such as Copenhagen, Madrid and Maldives have been operated by Beijing Capital Airlines with Airbus A330 aircraft. Capital Airlines plans to connect China to Australia & Canada in 2016. In addition, the airline plans to commence long-haul flights to Helsinki, Mexico City and Zagreb in the first half of 2017. The opening of these international routes aims to solve the lack of international direct flight services. These also significantly stimulate domestic and international market and push forward the development of tourism resources, as well as promote local economic and social development. In the future, Capital Airlines will be leveraging the Chinese outbound tourism market, developing more tourism products, further improving the domestic and international route network. Capital Airlines wishes to make an important contribution to domestic and international cultural exchange and development.
In November 2016, Beijing Capital Airlines announced the launch of a Vancouver-Qingdao-Hangzhou service on December 30, 2016. The new international route between Canada and China will be served by an Airbus A330 wide-body, twin aisle aircraft and will operate every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Beijing Capital Airlines has previously operated the following aircraft:
- "联系方式." Beijing Capital Airlines. Retrieved on August 26, 2012. "北京首都国际机场货运北路3号首都航空大厦"
- "youjidizhi.doc." (Archive[dead link]) Beijing Capital Airlines. Retrieved on August 26, 2012. "Address：Capital Airlines Building，No 3，North Cargo Road ,Beijing Capital International Airport"
- F_127. "Beijing Capital Airlines formally launched". Archived from the original on 17 October 2012. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- "Beijing Capital Airlines rolls out new Vancouver-Qingdao-Hangzhou Service". Canada NewsWire. November 24, 2016. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- "Capital Airlines Fleet Details and History". Planespotters.net. 15 December 2016. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
Media related to Beijing Capital Airlines at Wikimedia Commons