Hadid in November 2015
|Born||Jelena Noura Hadid
April 23, 1995
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Residence||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Alma mater||The New School|
|Relatives||Bella Hadid (sister)|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Manager||IMG Models (New York)|
Jelena Noura "Gigi" Hadid (// HUH-DEED; born April 23, 1995) is an American fashion model and television personality. She was named one of the 12 rookies in Sports Illustrated's annual swimsuit issue in 2014. She has also appeared on the reality TV series The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, in which her mother Yolanda Hadid has starred since season three in 2012. In November 2014, Hadid made her debut in the Top 50 Models ranking on models.com.
Gigi Hadid was born and raised in Los Angeles to real-estate developer Mohamed Hadid and former model Yolanda Hadid (née Van den Herik). Her mother is a Dutch-born American, and her father is Palestinian-American. Through her father she descends from Daher Al Omer, Prince of Nazareth and the Sheikh of Galilee. Hadid has two younger siblings, Bella, who is also a model, and a brother, Anwar. She has two older half-sisters, Marielle and Alana, on her father's side. Following her parents' divorce, her mother married music producer David Foster, through whom she has five stepsisters. In 2013, Hadid graduated from Malibu High School, where she was captain of the varsity volleyball team as well as a competitive horseback rider.
Hadid's modelling career began when she was two years old after she was discovered by Paul Marciano, of Guess. She started modelling with Baby Guess before she stopped to concentrate on school. Hadid eventually returned to modeling, signing with IMG Models in 2011. She resumed working with Marciano, and was named the face of a Guess campaign in 2012. She has shot three campaigns with Guess as an adult.
In February 2014, Hadid made her New York Fashion Week debut walking for Desigual's show. On July 15, 2014, she starred alongside actor and model Patrick Schwarzenegger in fashion designer Tom Ford's Eyewear autumn/winter campaign. She co-hosted the Daily Front Row's Fashion Media Awards that was held in New York City on September 5, 2014.
In January 2015, she was named the Daily Front Row's "Model of the Year". Hadid appeared in the 2015 Pirelli calendar. In January 2015, she was named a Maybelline brand ambassador. By May 2015, Hadid had walked for designers including Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Michael Kors, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Max Mara. In December 2015, she made her first appearance in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. In 2016, she has walked for Versace, Chanel, Elie Saab, Anna Sui, Miu Miu, Balmain, Diane Von Furstenberg, Tommy Hilfiger, Fenty x Puma and Giambattista Valli. She appeared in campaigns and runway promotions for the movie Zoolander 2. Hadid has also starred in campaigns for Tom Ford F/W 2014, Tom Ford Velvet Orchard Fragrance, Tom Ford Beauty 2014, Guess, Versace, Balmain F/W 2015, Max Mara, Stuart Weitzman, Topshop, Seafolly, Tommy Hilfiger The Girl Fragrance 2016 and Tommy Hilfiger F/W 2016. In May 2016, Hadid was revealed as the new face of the Philippine-based international casual wear brand Penshoppe. She co-designed a capsule collection with Tommy Hilfiger called Gigi by Tommy Hilfiger which was released in the fall of 2016.
Hadid has appeared on magazine covers including Vogue (United States, Spain, Australia, Brazil, the Netherlands, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, China), Schön!, Numero, W Magazine and Teen Vogue as well as Elle Canada and Harper's Bazaar Malaysia. Hadid has also shot editorials for VMAN, Elle, Grazia, Cleo, Vogue, Sports Illustrated, Paper magazine, Vanity Fair and V Magazine. She was on the cover of Galore magazine and Carine Roitfeld's CR Fashion Book in 2014. In 2015, Hadid became the first ever model to cover the CR Fashion Book twice. Hadid's sister Bella is also a model, and the two sisters have been featured together in some modelling appearances.
In 2016, Hadid starred in an interactive campaign including a commercial for the BMW M2. Hadid played Australian singer Cody Simpson's love interest in the video for his song "Surfboard" which was released on April 14, 2014. She played the love interest of singer Miguel in the music video for "Simplethings", released May 29, 2014. In May 2015, she was also featured in Taylor Swift's Bad Blood music video as the character Slay-Z. Hadid starred in Calvin Harris' music video "How Deep Is Your Love", which was released on August 6, 2015. She also co-directed the video for DNCE's "Cake by the Ocean". Hadid starred in Zayn's music video for "Pillowtalk" in January 2016. She hosted the 2016 iHeartRadio Much Music Video Awards in Toronto on June 19, 2016.
Hadid was in a relationship with singer Cody Simpson from 2013 to May 2015. In October 2015, she and singer Joe Jonas were photographed on dates together. Since November 2015, she has been seen on dates with singer Zayn Malik; they later confirmed that they are in a relationship. Hadid and Malik were featured together in a fashion spread for the May 2016 edition of US Vogue.
Film and television
|2012||Virgin Eyes||Andrea||Short Film|
|2012–present||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills||Herself||Recurring cast member (beginning in season 3)|
|2015||Those Wrecked by Success||Herself||Short Film|
|2016||MasterChef||Herself||Episode: "MasterChef Celebrity Showdown"|
|2016||Lip Sync Battle||Herself||Episode: "Gigi Hadid vs. Tyler Posey"|
|2016||Much Music Video Awards||Host||Music award show|
|2015||"Bad Blood"||Taylor Swift||Slay-Z|
|"How Deep Is Your Love"||Calvin Harris||Girl in Love|
|"Cake by the Ocean"||DNCE||Director|
Awards and nominations
|2015||First Annual Fashion Los Angeles Awards||Model of The Year||Won|||
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Model||Nominated|||
|Models.com Industry Awards||Model of the Year: Women (Readers' Choice)||Won|||
|Runner-Up Model of the Year: Women (Industry’s Vote)||Won|
|Social Media Star: Women (Industry's Vote)||Won|
|Runner-Up Social Media Star: Women (Readers' Choice)||Won|
|2016||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Female Hottie||Nominated|||
- Rosie, Miss (May 7, 2012). "Daily Duo : Gigi". Models.com. Archived from the original on September 5, 2015. Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "IMG Models – Portfolio – Gigi Hadid". IMG Models. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- Houlis, AnnaMarie (September 18, 2014). "Gigi Hadid Opens Our Eyes to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict". GlamMonitor.com (Golden Heart Communications). Archived from the original on August 5, 2015.
- Hadid, Yolanda (n.d.). "My Beautiful Family". Yolanda.com. Archived from the original on August 1, 2015. Retrieved April 5, 2014. Website of Gigi Hadid's mother, Yolanda Foster.
- Ford, Sabrina (February 4, 2014). "Yolanda Hadid's Daughter Lands Coveted Swimsuit Issue Spot". Bravo. Archived from the original on July 2, 2015. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Garvey, Marianne; Niemietz, Brian; Coleman, Oli; Maresca, Rachel (June 26, 2015). "Lower East Side is looking like a model home for Gigi Hadid, with new guy Joe Jonas". Daily News. New York City. Archived from the original on July 1, 2015. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- Janofsky, Michael (December 20, 1991). "Olympics; Construction Was Slow, So . . .". The New York Times. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
While it would have been ideal to ski for the United States, his adoptive country, he knew that making its Olympic team would be virtually impossible. Instead, taking advantage of his dual citizenship, he petitioned the Jordan Olympic Committee, and Jordanian officials approved.
- Tully, Shawn; Blank, J. B. (31 July 1989). "The Big Moneymen of Palestine Inc.". Fortune. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "The Radar People Surreal Estate Developer". ANGE - Angelo. Modern Luxury. August 2010. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- Ford, Sabrina (March 5, 2015). "Who Are Gigi Hadid's Other Siblings?". Bravotv. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- "Gigi Hadid". MaxPreps.com (CBS Sports). Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Marcus, Bennett (February 10, 2014). "Do You Know Who Gigi Hadid Is?". Vanity Fair. Condé Nast. Archived from the original on August 21, 2015. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Blackwelder, Carson (February 17, 2014). "Where Does Gigi, Yolanda Foster's Daughter, Go to College?". Wetpaint (Viggle). Archived from the original on October 7, 2015. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Bourne, Leah (February 14, 2014). "Why Model Gigi Hadid is Being Called the Next Kate Upton". Style Caster. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- Gajewski, Ryan (February 12, 2014). "Watch Gigi Hadid Walk the Catwalk During New York Fashion Week". E! Online. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Brannigan, Maura. "Introducing Gigi Hadid, NYFW's Breakout Model of the Season". Wetpaint (Viggle). Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Mary (February 10, 2014). "Gigi Hadid Walks The Runways of NY Fashion Week. Plus, Kristen Doute Writing A Memoir!". Reality Tea. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Burton, Cinya (July 15, 2014). "Gigi Hadid and Patrick Schwarzenegger Are Tom Ford Eyewear Models". E! Online. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- Dodge, Shyam (July 15, 2014). "A sight for sore eyes! Patrick Schwarzenegger cuddles up with Gigi Hadid in new Tom Ford Eyewear campaign". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- Fratti, Karen (6 September 2014). "Daily Front Row Hosts 2nd Annual Fashion Media Awards". AdWeek.
- Hendrix, Kelsey (January 23, 2015). "Gigi Hadid named Daily Front Row's Model of the Year". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- "First look: The 2015 Pirelli Calendar : Elle". Elle. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- Wagoner, Mackenzie (January 14, 2015). "Exclusive! Gigi Hadid Is the New Face of Maybelline". Vogue. Condé Nast. Archived from the original on October 7, 2015.
- Brown, Kara (May 3, 2015). "Who the Hell Are Sisters Gigi and Bella Hadid? An Explainer". Jezebel (website).
- Yahr, Emily (December 8, 2015). "How did Gigi Hadid become such a thing? Explaining the new Victoria's Secret supermodel.". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2015-12-09.
- Freeth, Becky (February 26, 2016). "You've been framed! Cheeky Gigi Hadid crashes BFF Kendall Jenner's model shot as candid images capture behind-the-scenes at Versace MFW". The Daily Mail. Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- Navarro, Andrea (March 7, 2016). "Gigi Hadid Just Tried the Glitter Eyebrow Trend". Teen Vogue. Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- Gordon, Julie (March 4, 2016). "Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid swap hair colours at Paris Fashion week". Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- Okwodu, Janelle (February 20, 2016). "Gaga! Gigi! Binx! Who Ruled the Runways of New York Fashion Week?". Vogue. Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- Jennings, Rebecca (February 16, 2016). "Everything Gigi Hadid Has Worn During New York Fashion Week". Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- Schnurr, Samantha (January 15, 2016). "Zoolander Gives His Best Blue Steel Alongside Penelope Cruz and Gigi Hadid for First Vogue Issue". E!. Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- McGlinchy, Maggie (December 5, 2015). "Gigi Hadid Just Landed the Biggest Fashion Campaign of Her Career". Teen Vogue. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Borge, Jonathan (June 20, 2016). "Gigi Hadid Smolders in Her Second Max Mara Campaign". InStyle. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Peoples, Lindsay (June 17, 2016). "Gigi Hadid Shows Off Her Boxing Moves for Stuart Weitzman". NY Mag. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Edwards, Jess (September 25, 2015). "Balmain x H&M: Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid and Jourdan Dunn slay in the new campaign". Cosmopolitan UK. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- CelebStyle (March 19, 2016). "Gigi Hadid x Seafolly Summer 2015 and Spring 2016 Campaigns". Celeb Style. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Dabau, Bianca Rose (May 18, 2016). "Penshoppe launches new campaign with fashion model Gigi Hadid". GMA Network. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Chapin, Adele (January 13, 2016). "Gigi Hadid Is Designing a Collection for Tommy Hilfiger". Racked. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Mag, Schon (March 27, 2014). "Gigi Hadid Schon Magazine Cover". Schon Magazine. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Milligan, Lauren (February 17, 2016). "Gigi's International Vogue Takeover". Vogue UK. Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- "En portada de vogue marzo, un nuevo icono: Gigi Hadid". Vogue Espana. Retrieved June 21, 2015.
- "That's awkward! Gigi Hadid posts Vogue cover featuring an interview about Cody... just a day after confirming they have split". The Daily Mail Australia. May 11, 2015.
- Jackson, Daniel. "Models Gigi Hadid and Binx Walton Are Taking Over the Fashion Industry—and the Cover of Teen Vogue". Teen Vogue. Retrieved June 21, 2015.
- "Issue 4 Preview: Fairy Tales". CR Fashion Book. February 2014. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Vingan, Alyssa (February 7, 2014). "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Offspring Gigi Hadid Scores CR Fashion Book Cover". Fashionista.com (Breaking Media, Inc.). Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Mag, Galore (December 11, 2013). "Gigi Gets Gritty For Our 2014 Calendar". Galore Mag. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Weatherby, Jager (March 27, 2014). "Gigi Hadid Wears Leather and Lace in Sultry Rock 'n' Roll Photoshoot". Wet Paint. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- "Gigi and Bella Hadid in deeply plunging gowns at Diane Von Furstenberg NYFW show - Daily Mail Online". Mail Online. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Bella Hadid and Sister Gigi Wear Bondage-Inspired Lingerie on 'V' Magazine Cover - WebProNews". WebProNews. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Vrajlal, Alicia (April 15, 2014). "All grown up! Sports Illustrated model Gigi Hadid sizzles in low-cut cream swimsuit as she cosies up to boyfriend Cody Simpson in his Surfboard music video". Mail Online. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- Clark, Sandra (May 30, 2014). "Gigi Hadid Stars in Sexy New Miguel Video 'Simplethings' – Watch". Hollywood Life. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Weiner, Natalie (12 November 2015). "Watch Gigi Hadid Star in Calvin Harris' Sultry 'How Deep Is Your Love' Video". Billboard.
- Steiner, Amanda Michelle (January 29, 2016). "Zayn Malik drops debut single, music video for 'Pillowtalk'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 29, 2016.
- Vulpo, Mike; Passalaqua, Holly; Machado, Baker (May 9, 2015). "Cody Simpson and Gigi Hadid Officially Break Up". Archived from the original on August 10, 2015. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- Murphy, Desiree (October 4, 2015). "Joe Jonas And Gigi Hadid Pack on the PDA with Kisses in Paris". Yahoo. Yahoo!. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- "Zayn (2016 Cover Story)". Complex. Retrieved March 21, 2016.
- Roche, Eddie (January 14, 2015). "Gigi Hadid Signs With Maybelline, Nabs Model of the Year Award". Daily Front Row.
- Smith, Stephanie (January 8, 2015). "'It' girl Gigi Hadid nabs model of the year award". New York Post. Archived from the original on October 7, 2015.
- "Wave 2 Nominees". FOX. November 12, 2015.
- "Models.Com 2015 Industry Awards". Models.com. December 18, 2015.
- "FIRST WAVE OF "TEEN CHOICE 2016" NOMINEES ANNOUNCED AND #1 VOTED SURFBOARD REVEALED". Teen Choice Awards. Retrieved June 5, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gigi Hadid.|