Madras Motor Sports Club
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2009)|
Madras Motor Sports Club is an Indian auto racing club founded in 1952 and based in Chennai, India. Madras Motor Sports Club with its history of over 50 years is the reason that Chennai can be called the epicentre of motor racing in India.
MMSC hosts at least 14 racing events both cars & bikes, and equal number of TSD rallies in the city. A good number of MMSC family members and prodigies are today racing worldwide 
In the year 1952, while a 1948 M G T F was being cleared from the Madras Harbour, discussions between the owner and R. De Souza on motor racing, rallying, etc. gave birth to the idea of a Motor Sports Club Englishman Rex Strong was a member of Calcutta Motor Sports Club when he met Indian K. Varugis who was searching for auto racing enthusiasts to form an auto racing club. In 1954, MMSC was founded but the first president was G. M. Donner. K. Varugis became the Hon. Secretary and Rex Strong was just one of the Committee member. Regional auto racing had been held at Sholavaram Airstrip since October 25, 1953. Since 1954, racers and organizers had been having dinner in MMSC after race meeting in Sholavaram. MMSC used to hosted the Mopeds, Scooters, Superbikes and Indian Saloon car racing, in addition to other top-level auto racing series like Formula 5000, Formula Two and Formula Atlantic at Sholavaram.
Tamil Nadu's First Female Bike Racer
- "The First Steps". mmsc.in. n.d. Retrieved 2009-02-01.[dead link]
- "Its Official Now". mmsc.in. n.d. Retrieved 2009-02-01.[dead link]
- "0p9oilavaram". mmsc.in. n.d. Retrieved 2009-02-01.[dead link]
- "The search for a new track". mmsc.in. n.d. Retrieved 2009-02-01.[dead link]
- Shaw, Ashok Kumar. "‘I feel normal when I ride bikes’". www.newindianexpress.com. www.newindianexpress.com. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India
- Indian National Rally Championship
- Autosports India
- Kari Motor Speedway
- Force India
- Buddh International Circuit