From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from XXXIII)
|Factorization||3 × 11|
|Divisors||1, 3. 11, 33|
- the largest positive integer that cannot be expressed as a sum of different triangular numbers.
- the smallest odd repdigit that is not a prime number.
- the sum of the first four positive factorials.
- the sum of the sum of the divisors of the first 6 positive integers.
- equal to the sum of the squares of the digits of its own square in bases 9, 16 and 31.
- For numbers greater than 1, this is a rare property to have in more than 1 base.
- the smallest integer such that it and the next two integers all have the same number of divisors.
- the first member of the first cluster of three semiprimes (33, 34, 35); the next such cluster is 85, 86, 87.
- the smallest diophantine number which has yet to be represented in the form a³ + b³ + c³, where a, b and c are integers.
- The atomic number of arsenic
- A normal human spine has 33 vertebrae when the bones that form the coccyx are counted individually
- 33 is, according to the Newton scale, the temperature at which water boils.
- Messier object M33, a magnitude 7.0 galaxy in the constellation Triangulum, also known as the Triangulum Galaxy.
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 33, a double star in the constellation Pisces
- In reference to gramophone records, 33 refers to a type of record by its revolution speed of 33⅓ revolutions per minute. 33s are also known as long playing records, or LPs. See: 78 and 45
- The ITU country code for the French telephone numbering plan area
- The number of deities in the Vedic Religion is 33.
- The divine name Elohim appears 33 times in the story of creation in the opening chapters of Genesis.
- Lag Ba'omer is a minor Jewish holiday which falls on the 33rd day of the Omer
- Jesus' age when he was crucified in 33 A.D.
- According to Al-Ghazali the dwellers of Heaven will exist eternally in a state of being age 33.
- Islamic prayer beads are generally arranged in sets of 33, corresponding to the widespread use of this number in dhikr rituals. Such beads may number thirty-three in total or three distinct sets of thirty-three for a total of ninety-nine, corresponding to the names of God.
- 33 is not only a numerical representation of "the Star of David," but also the numerical equivalent of AMEN: 1+13+5+14=33.
- Pope John Paul I, the 33-day pope. One of the shortest reigns in papal history, and it resulted in the most recent 3-pope year.
- A religious image of the Virgin Mary from the 18th century is known in Uruguay as "Virgen de los Treinta y Tres" (Virgin of the Thirty-Three); it was consecrated by Pope John Paul II in his visit to Uruguay in 1988.
- There are several churches dedicated to this Marian devotion, being the most important the Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of the Thirty-Three in Florida, Uruguay.
- There are 33 degrees in Scottish Rite Freemasonry
- The House of the Temple, Home of The Supreme Council, 33°, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry in Washington D.C., USA has 33 outer columns which are each 33 feet high.
- The Yakuoji Temple in Japan has a two sets of steps, one with 42 steps for men to climb, and the other side with 33 steps for the women.
- The Saigoku Kannon Pilgrimage visits thirty-three Buddhist temples throughout the Kansai region of Japan.
- The number of innings played in the longest professional baseball game in history (a 1981 minor league game between the Rochester Red Wings and the Pawtucket Red Sox in Pawtucket, Rhode Island).
- The Big 33 Football Classic is an annual postseason high school football all-star game that features top players from Pennsylvania. In recent years, the opposition has been an all-star team from Ohio. The number 33 represents the original number of players on each squad (now 34).
- FIBA 33 is the original name of the basketball variant now known as 3x3. It is a formalized version of half-court three-on-three basketball currently being heavily promoted by the sport's international governing body, FIBA. Under the original rules of FIBA 33, the game ended by rule once either team scored at least 33 points, with scoring following traditional basketball rules. 3x3 uses a substantially different scoring system.
In other fields
- A significant number in modern numerology, one of the master numbers along with 11 and 22
- A song by The Smashing Pumpkins on their album, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Also a song by Coheed and Cambria on their album, The Second Stage Turbine Blade (the songs are not related) Hed PE also has a song titled "33"
- The title of the first episode of the 2004 Battlestar Galactica television series in which the Cylons came every 33 minutes
- The jersey number of Tom Cruise's character in the 1983 film All The Right Moves
- The 33 Strategies of War is a book by Robert Greene
- In French, Italian, Romanian, Spanish and Portuguese, the word which a patient is usually asked to say when a doctor is listening to his or her lungs with a stethoscope (Trente-Trois, Trentatré, Treizeci și trei, Treinta y Tres and Trinta e Três)
- The number printed on all Rolling Rock beer label.
- '33' (three-three) is a Nigerian produced brand of beer.
- Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer used to be advertised as "Blended 33 to 1".
- The namesake of the private club, Club 33, located in Disneyland's New Orleans Square.
- The number of workers trapped, all of whom were rescued, during the 2010 Copiapó mining accident.
- One of the symbols of Ku Klux Klan. (K is the 11th letter of the alphabet; 3 times 11 is 33, KKK.)
- The 33 Orientales were a group of Uruguay's national Independence Heroes that liberate the country in 1825 from the Brazilian Empire, the name is due for the leaders all 33 Degree Masons (The Thirty-Three Orientals), one of Uruguay's national states and its capital city is named "Treinta y Tres" after them.
- 2008 was the first time in 33 years that the United States had sent a satellite to explore and orbit Mercury (January 15, 2008)
- Progressive Metal band Meshuggah released their album Catch 33 in the year 2005.
- In 2008, musician Teddy Geiger gives clues to fans about his new single, "March" which dropped March 3, or "33". In late May he announced 33 brand new songs that his fans could choose from to create their own album, called TG33.
- The number 33 was discovered to lead to the essential meaning of life (the Bible) in Dan Brown's 2009 novel The Lost Symbol.
- The highest degree in the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry.
- +33 is the code for international direct-dial phone calls to France.
- Insights #517, October 8, 2010.
- de Vries, Ad (1976). Dictionary of Symbols and Imagery. Amsterdam: North-Holland Publishing Company. p. 462. ISBN 0-7204-8021-3.
- Imam Gazzali's Ihya ulum-id-din, Volume 4