|Name meaning||From personal name|
|Date of depopulation||March 3, 1948|
|Current localities||Beit Zera|
Al-Manshiyya (Arabic: المنشية) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Tiberias Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on March 3, 1948. It was located 11 kilometres south of Tiberias.
The village was located 0.5 km south of Umm Junieh or Khirbat Umm Juni, and the two villages were usually described together. In 1799, in the late Ottoman period, Um Junieh was noted as "ruins" on the map of Pierre Jacotin. In 1875, Victor Guérin noted Um Junieh as a village. In the 1881 Survey of Western Palestine Umm Junieh was described as having 250 inhabitants, all Muslim. They noted that it was possible that Umm Junieh was the place which Josephus called Union.
In the 1880s the land of Khirbat Umm Juni and Al-Manshiyya was bought on behalf of the Bahá'u'lláh, the founder of the Bahá'í Faith. The Arab inhabitants continued to farm the land as tenant farmers.
- Palmer, 1881, p. 136
- Khalidi, 1992, p. 533
- Karmon, 1960, p. 167
- Guérin, 1880, p. 283
- Conder and Kitchener, 1881, SWP I, p.362. Quoted in Khalidi, 1992, p. 532
- Conder and Kitchener, 1881, SWP I, 371
- Khalidi, 1992, p. 532
- Schumacher, 1888, p. 187
- Barron, 1923, Table XI, Sub-district of Tiberias, p. 39
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922. Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology. 1. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (Kh. Um Juni p. 371)
- Guérin, Victor (1880). Description Géographique Historique et Archéologique de la Palestine (in French). 3: Galilee, pt. 1. Paris: L'Imprimerie Nationale.
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Centre.
- Karmon, Y. (1960). "An Analysis of Jacotin's Map of Palestine" (PDF). Israel Exploration Journal. 10 (3,4): 155–173; 244–253.
- Khalidi, Walid (1992). All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948. Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies. ISBN 0-88728-224-5.
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Schumacher, G. (1888). "Population list of the Liwa of Akka". Quarterly statement - Palestine Exploration Fund. 20: 169–191.
- Welcome to Al-Manshiyya
- Manshiyyat Samakh, Zochrot
- Survey of Western Palestine, Map 6: IAA, Wikimedia commons