|Date of depopulation||8–9 April 1948|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Military assault by Yishuv forces|
|Current localities||Midrakh 'Oz|
Al-Ghubayya al-Tahta was a Palestinian Arab village in the Haifa Subdistrict, located 28 km southeast of Haifa. It was depopulated during the 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on April 8, 1948 under the Battle of Mishmar HaEmek.
British Mandate era
In 1945 the population was counted with the neighbouring Al-Ghubayya al-Fawqa and al-Naghnaghiyya, and together they had a population of 1,130 Muslims, with a total of 12,139 dunams of land according to an official land and population survey. Of this, 209 dunams were for plantations and irrigable land, 10,883 for cereals, while a total of 1,047 dunams were non-cultivable land.
- Department of Statistics, 1945, p. 13
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 47
- Morris, 2004, p. xviii, village #151. Also gives cause of depopulation.
- Khalidi, 1992, p. 161
- Mills, 1932, p. 90
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 90
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 139
- Morris, 2004, p. 242; note #598; Morris, 2004, p. 296
- Department of Statistics (1945). Village Statistics, April, 1945. Government of Palestine.
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center.
- Khalidi, Walid (1992). All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948. Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies. ISBN 0-88728-224-5.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas (PDF). Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
- al-Qawuqji, Fauzi (1972): Memoirs of al-Qawuqji, Fauzi in Journal of Palestine Studies
- "Memoirs, 1948, Part I" in 1, no. 4 (Sum. 72): 27-58., dpf-file, downloadable
- "Memoirs, 1948, Part II" in 2, no. 1 (Aut. 72): 3-33., dpf-file, downloadable
- Welcome To al-Ghubayya al-Tahta
- al-Ghubayya al-Tahta, Zochrot
- Survey of Western Palestine, Map 8: IAA, Wikimedia commons
- al-Ghubayya al-Tahta from the Khalil Sakakini Cultural Center
- Al-Ghubayya Al-Tahta from Dr. Moslih Kanaaneh
- Tour to the al-Ghubayyat villages, by Umar Ighbariyye, 20.3.2010, Zochrot